Bundesliga 2023/24

I see that Bayern II are in a strong position to finish in the promotion places in 3 Liga.

Am I right in thinking that as a reserve team they can't be promoted any higher? What happens to the promotion place if they finish in one?

I see that Bayern II are in a strong position to finish in the promotion places in 3 Liga.
Am I right in thinking that as a reserve team they can't be promoted any higher? What happens to the promotion place if they finish in one?
Not sure whether they can go up to 2nd tier. Did notice that they are above 1860 Munich. Would be pretty galling for 1860 fans, if Bayern's reserve team deny them promotion.

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

Bayern II aren't allowed to be promoted so the position would could as null and the promotion/play-off spot would go to the next position

Thanks. I went to a Mannheim game a couple of years ago and been keeping an eye on their results since - possibly the most mental set of fans I’ve been in amongst. They’re in the promotion mix too and that increases their chances of what would be back-to-back promotions.

12 hours ago, Adamski said:

Thanks. I went to a Mannheim game a couple of years ago and been keeping an eye on their results since - possibly the most mental set of fans I’ve been in amongst. They’re in the promotion mix too and that increases their chances of what would be back-to-back promotions.

Good story for them if they can manage that after a rough few years. I'm sure the fans with be happy with the Kaiserslautern news.

HSV v Heidenheim in BL2 at the weekend. 2nd v 4th and two points separating them. I'm sure the forum is unanimous in the supporting of Heidenheim. 

Edited by Smurph

3 hours ago, Smurph said:

Good story for them if they can manage that after a rough few years. I'm sure the fans with be happy with the Kaiserslautern news.

HSV v Heidenheim in BL2 at the weekend. 2nd v 4th and two points separating them. I'm sure the forum is unanimous in the supporting of Heidenheim. 

Stuttgart host Sandhausen this evening. If Stuttgart win, then they move up to 2nd.

A win for Heidenheim would be perfect, last game day and HSV not even in the play-off spot.

23 hours ago, Torpar said:

Is it only some clubs playing the crowd noise?  Can't hear anything from the Union or Bremen game?

Union done it against Schalke I'm sure, but Frankfurt not doing it vs Schalke just now. Not sure why it seems to have stopped all of a sudden.

3 hours ago, German Jag said:

Stuttgart host Sandhausen this evening. If Stuttgart win, then they move up to 2nd.

A win for Heidenheim would be perfect, last game day and HSV not even in the play-off spot.

Quite shocked to see Stuttgart 4 up at the break after Sunday.

One for all you football tourists who want to add seeing a game at the Munich Olympic Stadium to your list.

Türkgücü München should be playing in the Bundesliga 3 next year and because the Grunwalder Stadium (home of 1860) is used by them, Bayern II and 1860 they have been given permission to use the Olympiastadion for some of next year.

Would be brilliant seeing a game there and I would imagine they will get good crowds with big away supports and plenty of interested folk wanting to see a game at such an iconic venue.

My first trip to Munich, about ten years ago, we managed to get on the pitch because they were hosting a cycling event at the stadium and we had a wander about. An amazing stadium and complex.

13 hours ago, stumigoo said:

One for all you football tourists who want to add seeing a game at the Munich Olympic Stadium to your list.

Türkgücü München should be playing in the Bundesliga 3 next year and because the Grunwalder Stadium (home of 1860) is used by them, Bayern II and 1860 they have been given permission to use the Olympiastadion for some of next year.

Would be brilliant seeing a game there and I would imagine they will get good crowds with big away supports and plenty of interested folk wanting to see a game at such an iconic venue.

My first trip to Munich, about ten years ago, we managed to get on the pitch because they were hosting a cycling event at the stadium and we had a wander about. An amazing stadium and complex.

Thanks for the tip, I'd love to be able to go there!

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

Bremen 2-1 down in Mainz and could well be relegated unless they turn it around, end to end stuff now as they throw players forward for an equaliser.

Now 3-1 down, with 2 minutes to go.