Bundesliga 2023/24

Fucking yess.

That win today, plus Dortmumd's late winner should keep Union up.

Would have to lose all three games and have either Bremen or Fortuna win all three to fall into the playoff.

Fortuna have Leipzig next, and Bremen play Bayern in the game where they could win the league.

Can't see either winning those games.

Zirkzee up front for Bayern Munich in Lewandowski's absence. I've never seen him play but have him on loan at my Sunderland team in Football Manager so will be watching with some interest.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

f**k all when Dusseldorf get near the goal and look like scoring, but enormous boos and groans when there's an obvious free-kick given against them in the middle of the park. It's just fucking rubbish.

The crowd noise being added, however artificial, is infinitely better than full monotony of hearing the players shouting for a pass from their teammates. I suspect, deep down you think the same yourself. You said the same last week, but here you are tuning in once again.

If I thought that deep down then I would post it, what would I gain from pretending to dislike something? It's possible to dislike some elements of the coverage and yet still want to watch the only football that's on the TV at the time.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

The crowd noise being added, however artificial, is infinitely better than full monotony of hearing the players shouting for a pass from their teammates. I suspect, deep down you think the same yourself. You said the same last week, but here you are tuning in once again.

I disagree. I like hearing players interact with each other. Far better than some artificial crowd noise.  The benefit of watching games on tv with crowds is hearing them react to whats happening on the park but also reacting to each other and the back and forth you can get with chanting.  The artificial created stuff is b.s and the tech would need to be far more reactive to the 100s of things that can happen in a match. You can't just have generic chanting interrupted by boos for a foul against and cheers for a goal. 

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I disagree. I like hearing players interact with each other. Far better than some artificial crowd noise.  The benefit of watching games on tv with crowds is hearing them react to whats happening on the park but also reacting to each other and the back and forth you can get with chanting.  The artificial created stuff is b.s and the tech would need to be far more reactive to the 100s of things that can happen in a match. You can't just have generic chanting interrupted by boos for a foul against and cheers for a goal. 

Here, I'm not saying it's right. I'm not even saying it's good. But I am saying (and I'm confident that I'm in the majority) that it's better than nothing.

You are entitled to your viewpoint, if you prefer no crowd noise over crowd noise.

Kaiserslautern are to file for insolvency with debts of 24m euro.

A terrible shame, I've been over to see them a few times and their fans have always been great with us. They have a friendship with Kilmarnock since the European game between the sides in the 90s and seen a couple of Kilmarnock flags in their ultras section.

36 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

A terrible shame, I've been over to see them a few times and their fans have always been great with us. They have a friendship with Kilmarnock since the European game between the sides in the 90s and seen a couple of Kilmarnock flags in their ultras section.

There were quite a lot of Kaiserslautern fans that came over for the  European away day in Wales last year, as well as for a couple of league games this season too.

16 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They seem to not be able to shake off these financial problems. Utter shame as they take a massive support wherever they go. 

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

They seem to not be able to shake off these financial problems. Utter shame as they take a massive support wherever they go. 

From what kicker are saying this morning it seems that they are using the current situation to their advantage. DFB suspended the standard 9 point deduction for an insolvency event due to the Covid situation so Kaiserslautern can avoid relegation and either come to a settlement with those they owe money to or end up with the German equivalent of a CVA. With them not owning their stadium they don't have many assets which means the % of debt they'd have to repay will end up less than 10% of the current toal with new investors ready to step in once this is all done.

They've been a financial basketcase for years now and apparently they've been running at a loss of around 5m euro a year in 3.Liga so it's been coming.

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't understand it. Surely they could scrape together enough cash to break even and at least compete for promotion in Liga 3? Their budget should in theory dwarf almost everyone.

Up until the council voted to accept reduced rent this season they were paying 3.2m a year to rent the stadium. That plus servicing the debt they'd already run up left them with a playing budget comparable to a lot of the teams in the league that get much lower crowds.