Bundesliga 2023/24

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think if they are going to spend more money they really need more firepower up front. I love Ibi, but he can't go on forever and he's not the calibre of player you want starting most matches when you are looking to push top 6 anyway. Piatek is obviously a quality player, but I think he really needs someone to play off of to get him at his best.

Piatek has looked a very poor player technically any time I've seen him, so unless he's got the reliable instinct of Filippo Inzaghi I wouldn't be putting too much faith on him leading the line. He could easily be back in the Polish leagues playing for Lech Poznan or some other permadiddy in two years' time.

I am really liking the artificial crowd noises in the Bundesliga - somehow makes it a lot more watchable.  Never thought I would say that.  Only negative is this becomes the norm for televised games and removes the truth (and therefore beauty) behind the game once full crowds are allowed back.  

Cannot wait for the Old Firm derby's artificial atmosphere.  "Jeff, put that one on about being up to their knees in blood, they seem to love that one". 

Piatek has looked a very poor player technically any time I've seen him, so unless he's got the reliable instinct of Filippo Inzaghi I wouldn't be putting too much faith on him leading the line. He could easily be back in the Polish leagues playing for Lech Poznan or some other permadiddy in two years' time.

Couldn’t agree more! I think he’s only started a couple of games, I would like to see him get a run of games from the start to see what he’s all about.

Crashed bottles all round amongst the top 4 in the BL2.

Bielefeld draw against Nürnberg. 
Stüttgart draw against Osnabrück. 
Heidenheim lose to H96.

And as seen this evening Hamburg Hib‘s it again in the 93rd minute, with Kiel equalising after about 5 corners in the injury time 3-4 minutes.

An interesting couple of game-days before the  season ends. 

Edited by German Jag

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Today's crowd noises on the Dortmund game are terrible.

They've even got booing.

f**k all when Dusseldorf get near the goal and look like scoring, but enormous boos and groans when there's an obvious free-kick given against them in the middle of the park. It's just fucking rubbish.

f**k all when Dusseldorf get near the goal and look like scoring, but enormous boos and groans when there's an obvious free-kick given against them in the middle of the park. It's just fucking rubbish.
Also the one that annoyed me most was when Hakimi was clean through in the first half - no change from the "fans" and then a round of applause for the save which was still going as Sancho tried to put it back across goal.

It's dreadful and distracting. The silence is much better and will be a choice being taken every time I can.

(New one on it from the Celta v Villarreal - raucous applause as the ball is given back following an injury)