Bundesliga 2023/24

It must be pumped in by the TV company as there's none on my entirely legitimate stream.
Yeah, they introduced it as being added in and not in the stadium. Feels distracting to me so far - especially as audio seems to be ahead of the video.

It must be pumped in by the TV company as there's none on my entirely legitimate stream.

I think it’s the TV companies. Fox sports in Australia did something similar with the rugby league, though the made it a bit more reactive with scores/line breaks etc.

It is a bit weird, bit like a game of Fifa. Something maybe worth exploring, if they can find a way to make it more reactive to match events.

33 minutes ago, true_rover said:

On a separate note, crowd noise being pumped in for Leverkusen v Bayern - feels worse than nothing for me, doesn't even change when Leverkusen go in front so is more distracting than anything else.

I like it. A great improvement for the armchair fan.

On 30/05/2020 at 19:21, Waspy said:

Unbelievable form for Hertha considering where they were at before the stoppage.

Tonight should be a decent indicator of whether this is legit, or whether Labbadia is just yet another false dawn for Hertha. They should have money to spend once the season is over, and the squad as is isn't too bad. Mibbe a bit bloated here and there so I'd expect more out than in, but if they manage to strengthen further then the early omens are promising. High time Berlin had a football club pushing for European places every season. I was really looking forward to seeing them playing Hibs a few years back n the Europa, but then they screwed up, lost to Brondby (iirc) and didn't even make it to Easter Road.

True Hertha style would be to win their first five on the bounce next season, get everyone all excited, before ending up in the relegation zone at Christmas, 10th by Easter. Same story every bloody season with this club. :angry:

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Anyone wanting to dodge the abomination that is the crowd noise can chuck it over to BT Sport Ultimate if you have that channel.

Won't be doing that. Really enjoyed the crowd noise. Totally artificial yes, but improved the experience massively.

They're going to do the same for the English Premier league. 

I'll give it a miss. All the noise in the world won't detract from the fact they're playing in empty stadiums. I'd rather listen to the players swear at the ref. 

Tonight should be a decent indicator of whether this is legit, or whether Labbadia is just yet another false dawn for Hertha. They should have money to spend once the season is over, and the squad as is isn't too bad. Mibbe a bit bloated here and there so I'd expect more out than in, but if they manage to strengthen further then the early omens are promising. High time Berlin had a football club pushing for European places every season. I was really looking forward to seeing them playing Hibs a few years back n the Europa, but then they screwed up, lost to Brondby (iirc) and didn't even make it to Easter Road.
True Hertha style would be to win their first five on the bounce next season, get everyone all excited, before ending up in the relegation zone at Christmas, 10th by Easter. Same story every bloody season with this club. :angry:

Solid performance from Hertha today, really miss Cunha’s creativity and goal threat. That would have been a 4 or 5 - 0 spanking pre-lockdown.

7 hours ago, Waspy said:

Solid performance from Hertha today, really miss Cunha’s creativity and goal threat. That would have been a 4 or 5 - 0 spanking pre-lockdown.

Agreed.

It was a wee bit frustrating to be so solid yet come away with nothing from the match. Hertha were completely toothless going forward though, so they can't really have any complaints.

I think if they are going to spend more money they really need more firepower up front. I love Ibi, but he can't go on forever and he's not the calibre of player you want starting most matches when you are looking to push top 6 anyway. Piatek is obviously a quality player, but I think he really needs someone to play off of to get him at his best. It's amazing what Labbadia has managed to achieve with Boyata. He's always had a bombscare moment or two in him, and that seems to have been completely eradicated from his game. It'll be interesting to see Stark and Rekik trying to get back in the side once they are fit. I really rate Stark, but I'm not sure about Rekik.

Agreed.
It was a wee bit frustrating to be so solid yet come away with nothing from the match. Hertha were completely toothless going forward though, so they can't really have any complaints.
I think if they are going to spend more money they really need more firepower up front. I love Ibi, but he can't go on forever and he's not the calibre of player you want starting most matches when you are looking to push top 6 anyway. Piatek is obviously a quality player, but I think he really needs someone to play off of to get him at his best. It's amazing what Labbadia has managed to achieve with Boyata. He's always had a bombscare moment or two in him, and that seems to have been completely eradicated from his game. It'll be interesting to see Stark and Rekik trying to get back in the side once they are fit. I really rate Stark, but I'm not sure about Rekik.

Completely agree about Boyata. The 2 games I was at this season he was honking. Responsible for at least 4 goals conceded.

He looks a different player now. Apparently a new right back from club Brugge is on the cards. Lucas Tousart will be finally joining the squad and with Kalou getting the boot another striker is a must.

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They're going to do the same for the English Premier league. 

I'll give it a miss. All the noise in the world won't detract from the fact they're playing in empty stadiums. I'd rather listen to the players swear at the ref. 

As I've said before in this thread I liked the crowd noise - and I'm confident that most other viewers did too. (well Gary Linker and Jake Humphrey did!)

That said, and it goes without saying really, it can in no way compensate for having actual fans at the game. I worry that this is part of 'The New Normal' we keep getting drummed into us. Could we be watching football in this strange way for years to come? Scary to think so

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

As I've said before in this thread I liked the crowd noise - and I'm confident that most other viewers did too. (well Gary Linker and Jake Humphrey did!)

That said, and it goes without saying really, it can in no way compensate for having actual fans at the game. I worry that this is part of 'The New Normal' we keep getting drummed into us. Could we be watching football in this strange way for years to come? Scary to think so

All 20 or so of St.Johnstone's fans seem to have adapted quite well to it down the years.

Edited by Boo Khaki

29 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

All 20 or so of St.Johnstone's fans seem to have adapted quite well to it down the years.

Aye, but even all 20 St. Johnstone fans getting in to a stadium is a long way from off thanks to The New Normal