Bundesliga 2023/24

Tbf every German team I’ve seen us play apart from Hamburg have had sound supporters and Hamburg were loud, just had the drawback of being dickhead **** in most senses of the censored word.

5 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Just had to check who you supported, thought it was Celtic. I was in the Borussia end at Parkhead for the Champions League game, some game it was as well! 

It's easy to fall in love with a club like Borussia and walking about the city of Mönchengladbach you can see how much they love their club. A city with 250k and each week fill the stadium out with 50k plus. A lot of support comes from neighbouring towns and villages such as Heinsberg and Viersen but also the nearby city of Düsseldorf. 

The history of Borussia is excellent, the passion of the Fans and the modern day culture at the club of putting Fans first is just class. 

I had been a fan of Borussia since the 90's and by 1999 I was watching most weeks. Took me until 2003 to visit Mönchengladbach when I was in Dortmund for the Scotland game. I got in touch with the Fan Projekt who then invited me and my mates over, we were collected at the main train station, taken to the main Fan pub on Eickener Straße and bought some drinks, they then took us the Bökelberg Stadion, showed us round then gave us a ball and told us to have a kick about on the pitch!! The local press then showed up to take pictures as we hung our Scotland flag on the goals at the Nordkurve. 

They then took us to watch the team train behind the main stand before taking us to the building site of what is now Borussia Park (the full skeleton was up). After that a lift back to the train station via the shop for a cargo and we were back to Dortmund. 

It was that day I fell in love with the club and that's without a ball being kicked! 

I go 2 or 3 times a season now. My work has an office in Roermond (NL) 25 minutes away so I've applied for a Nordkurve season ticket for next season which is a whopping 185€! If I make 5 or 6 games I'll be happy with that, I can easily transfer the card to others for games I can't make. 

Thankfully this is the last season of Postbank!! The old Kappa kits the sponsor was died in that Material except the last year's which featured the big patch. My son has this shirt (as well as the blue 2nd and green 3rd), it is pretty smart! Last years home shirt was better though. Probably 2015/16 the best home shirt of recent times. 

I'd happily shell out for a game if you weren't going ;) Infact I'd be happy to try get a ticket for a game to catch a few beers, no matter the opposition. 

Also 3rd Liga fixtures for June have been announced. I might try my luck at standing near the gate for Viktoria Köln if I have a free Saturday, can get a decent view if they're relaxed about it and take a few bottles along. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd happily shell out for a game if you weren't going ;) Infact I'd be happy to try get a ticket for a game to catch a few beers, no matter the opposition. 

Could be a shout. I did ask for 2 tickets. Could easily pass them on to folks from here. Will keep you posted. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hamburg have managed an old school Hibsing tonight. 2-0 up against Stuttgart at half time and managed to lose 3-2 in injury time.

Classic Hunburg. Not surprised to see such shitebagery under Dieter Hecking. At Borussia he had the team playing well for the Hinrunde, rückrunde we were always useless... Surprised he got the HahaSV gig. 

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I see that ALBA have picked up the rights to the Women's Bundesliga for some reason? Will probably watch it tbf.

Will comms be in German or Gaelic, and if in German will anyone notice.

id be a whole lot more impressed if Alba started showing the Scottish lower league stuff again,maybe im recalling wrong(and season 19/20 seems so long ago) but it seems they stopped doing it

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

id be a whole lot more impressed if Alba started showing the Scottish lower league stuff again,maybe im recalling wrong(and season 19/20 seems so long ago) but it seems they stopped doing it

Did the football not just get move to the newer BBC Scotland channel? I'm sure the Challenge Cup and Scotland Women were still on ALBA.

3. Liga is back tomorrow. The top three, Duisburg, Mannheim and Unterhaching, have only one won game each out of the last five. Duisburg have been top for most of the season but haven't performed well since just before the winter break, somehow they haven't been knocked off the podium yet. There are only 6 points separating 1st and 10th. Game of the week is probably 1860 v Duisburg at 12pm Sunday.

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

Did the football not just get move to the newer BBC Scotland channel? I'm sure the Challenge Cup and Scotland Women were still on ALBA.

3. Liga is back tomorrow. The top three, Duisburg, Mannheim and Unterhaching, have only one won game each out of the last five. Duisburg have been top for most of the season but haven't performed well since just before the winter break, somehow they haven't been knocked off the podium yet. There are only 6 points separating 1st and 10th. Game of the week is probably 1860 v Duisburg at 12pm Sunday.

they used to show all manner of lower league footy,now the new channel just seems to show top championship games and that chalange cup drivel.i miss seeing the likes of airdrie,queens park etc and id much rather they went back to supporting the lower leagues here than germen womens footy

Edited by highlandcowden

6 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

they used to show all manner of lower league footy,now the new channel just seems to show top championship games and that chalange cup drivel.i miss seeing the likes of airdrie,queens park etc and id much rather they went back to supporting the lower leagues here than germen womens footy

The new channel was supposed to show some L1 games in R32 and R33 of the season. But obviously didn't happen due to Covid.

Been doing the rounds on Twitter. Check the size of Leon Goretska pre and post lockdown! I’ve got bigger too but that’s mainly around the midriff.

IMG_5833.thumb.jpg.ac02895e28c413350e6f1723e9286e65.jpg

IMG_5834.thumb.jpg.87e8b3bd5f22ca372dda3bce546de30f.jpg
I read this as "pre and post match" at first. What it actually says makes far more sense.