Bundesliga 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Thought that game was pish. Borussia really struggled to do anything this game, Werder passed us off the pitch in the 1st and the 2nd was a non-event except from Sommer providing a few heart in mouth moments. 

Thuram is a terrific talent, he's still young and got a lot of learning to do. 

For the 2nd game in a row Borussia we're obviously missing Zakaria. Kramer just didn't cut it today and Neuhaus who I really like needs to up his game. Midfield is a bit of a problem for us. 

I think it's becoming obvious that the team is struggling with only having 2 and a half weeks training after a 7 week lay off and no "pre-season" games. It was a bold call to restart the season, I think this is why we're seeing crazy results across the BL. 

Aye I suppose the play was generally relatively poor, I think I just enjoyed having a vested interest in a game which could’ve gone either way and giving it my full focus. Thought Sargent up front for Bremen wouldn’t look out of place in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership - runs about a bit but pretty poor. Made any pressure they applied seem less worrying.

I’ve decided to latch on to Mönchengladbach anyway as good team colours, great bunch of lads when we played them and not too obvious, so look forward to lots of ill informed commenting out of me in future.

Think it is just the way American networks present graphics is it not? They do that ‘at Los Angeles’ stuff and present the badges the other way round to we do with having the visiting team listed first.

Think St Pauli are going down in B2.  Weird team selection again and just absolutely crap.  The one game they did win since coming back was massively aided by a red card.  Not sold they have the players or manager to avoid it. 

On 26/05/2020 at 22:05, The OP said:

Aye I suppose the play was generally relatively poor, I think I just enjoyed having a vested interest in a game which could’ve gone either way and giving it my full focus. Thought Sargent up front for Bremen wouldn’t look out of place in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership - runs about a bit but pretty poor. Made any pressure they applied seem less worrying.

I’ve decided to latch on to Mönchengladbach anyway as good team colours, great bunch of lads when we played them and not too obvious, so look forward to lots of ill informed commenting out of me in future.

Just had to check who you supported, thought it was Celtic. I was in the Borussia end at Parkhead for the Champions League game, some game it was as well! 

It's easy to fall in love with a club like Borussia and walking about the city of Mönchengladbach you can see how much they love their club. A city with 250k and each week fill the stadium out with 50k plus. A lot of support comes from neighbouring towns and villages such as Heinsberg and Viersen but also the nearby city of Düsseldorf. 

The history of Borussia is excellent, the passion of the Fans and the modern day culture at the club of putting Fans first is just class. 

I had been a fan of Borussia since the 90's and by 1999 I was watching most weeks. Took me until 2003 to visit Mönchengladbach when I was in Dortmund for the Scotland game. I got in touch with the Fan Projekt who then invited me and my mates over, we were collected at the main train station, taken to the main Fan pub on Eickener Straße and bought some drinks, they then took us the Bökelberg Stadion, showed us round then gave us a ball and told us to have a kick about on the pitch!! The local press then showed up to take pictures as we hung our Scotland flag on the goals at the Nordkurve. 

They then took us to watch the team train behind the main stand before taking us to the building site of what is now Borussia Park (the full skeleton was up). After that a lift back to the train station via the shop for a cargo and we were back to Dortmund. 

It was that day I fell in love with the club and that's without a ball being kicked! 

I go 2 or 3 times a season now. My work has an office in Roermond (NL) 25 minutes away so I've applied for a Nordkurve season ticket for next season which is a whopping 185€! If I make 5 or 6 games I'll be happy with that, I can easily transfer the card to others for games I can't make. 

On 27/05/2020 at 00:16, paul-r-cfc said:

Any advice on how to peel a sponsor logo off? emoji7.png 20200521_202653.jpeg

Thankfully this is the last season of Postbank!! The old Kappa kits the sponsor was died in that Material except the last year's which featured the big patch. My son has this shirt (as well as the blue 2nd and green 3rd), it is pretty smart! Last years home shirt was better though. Probably 2015/16 the best home shirt of recent times. 

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Think St Pauli are going down in B2.  Weird team selection again and just absolutely crap.  The one game they did win since coming back was massively aided by a red card.  Not sold they have the players or manager to avoid it. 

What a terrible, wee shame for them.

5a4d56c3-009d-4ae4-9451-5d5ce6055925.jpg.b09c83f72da57b876a960ec175764729.jpg