Bundesliga 2023/24

2 big Derbys in NRW getting played behind Closed Doors thanks to the Glorified Flu... Borussia v Köln and Dortmund v Schalke. I believe Bavaria has also banned events with more than 1000 people so I'm assuming Bayern & Augsburg will also be playing behind closed doors (No idea if either are at home this weekend).

I'm away out to Mönchengladbach next weekend for the Leverkusen game, considering I was in Germany for the original fixture of Borussia v Köln which was cancelled because of Storm Sabine (Ciara) I'll be fucking gutted big time that I've missed 2 games because of cancellations...

2 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

2 big Derbys in NRW getting played behind Closed Doors thanks to the Glorified Flu... Borussia v Köln and Dortmund v Schalke. I believe Bavaria has also banned events with more than 1000 people so I'm assuming Bayern & Augsburg will also be playing behind closed doors (No idea if either are at home this weekend).

I'm away out to Mönchengladbach next weekend for the Leverkusen game, considering I was in Germany for the original fixture of Borussia v Köln which was cancelled because of Storm Sabine (Ciara) I'll be fucking gutted big time that I've missed 2 games because of cancellations...

Nordrhein Westphalen has also introduced a ban on events with more than 1000 people. (Bremen & Schleswig-Holstein also as well as Bavaria).

Leverkusen - Rangers will be closed doors. 
SV Hamburg play in Fürth this weekend so that will be the main one in BL2 to suffer.

Have been ‚lucky‘ with the Bavaria ban having been to Nürnberg, Fürth & Regensburg in 3 of the last 4 away games (was also in Cologne last night to see Morrissey).
Lower-Saxony has relatively few cases until now. H96 due to play Dresden at home on Sunday. Whether with or without fans remains to be seen. (Mate who‘s involved with the H96 Fanprojekt, is sceptical).

Big decisions to be made with the Berlin derby a few weeks. Unions home game this week is still going ahead with supporters whilst Hertha are playing Hoffenheim away behind closed doors.

Edit: Union game against Bayern Munich is now closed doors.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Hannover player tests positive for Coronavirus.
Pray for German Jag

Yip. Timo Hübers, who scored the 1st on Friday, tested positive. Got infected after attending an event/function in Hildesheim (halfway between Hannover & Goslar) over the weekend. Didn‘t have any contact with any other H96 staff since then, and been nowhere near the stadium or training centres.

Lower-Saxony like many other states, have decreed that all large scale events will take place behind closed doors, which obviously covers the upcoming home game on Sunday against Dresden. 

First closed doors game in the history of the BL today at Borussia Park. For a game of 2 rheinische heavyweights who fucking hate each other, it was weird viewing! 

In the end, 2-1 to Borussia to lift us back to 4th place, 2 points from 2nd and 6 points from Bayern. Its going to be some run in! 

Edited to ads: was frustrating enough that I had a ticket for the original tie in February that was cancelled because of the Storm, I know a few folk who flew back out for this one 🙈

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

A second H96 player, Jannes Horn who is on loan from Cologne, has tested positive.

Local health ministry has put the whole 1st team in quarantine.

H96 have requested for the upcoming games against Dresden & Osnabrück to be postponed.

The plan to play this weekend‘s fixtures has been scrapped. No games in BL1 & Bl2 (was only this round plus next weeks) until April 2nd.

DFL meeting of all 36 clubs on Monday to try and decide how to proceed. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

FCBayern, together with the other three German Champions League clubs Dortmund, RBLeipzig and Leverkusen will make available €20 million to support the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.

Celtic will help our teams out also I can imagine...

"Solidarity Kitty" is made up of the 12,5M € they receive as part of the media deal, 7,5M€ being topped up by the Clubs themselves.

Elsewhere Timo Hübers, has been given the all clear following his 14 day quarantine. As regards Johannes Horn another negative test is awaited before he can also get given the all clear.

Everyone else in the 1st Team Squad as well as the physios etc. have now completed their 14 days quarantine, and all given a clean bill of Health. 

DFL video-conference  today with representatives of all 36 clubs taking part.

As expected, was confirmed that no football would take place in April.

If circumstances allow, they intend to restart games behind closed doors come the start of May,in order to get the season finished as quickly as possible.

Edited by German Jag