Bundesliga 2023/24

An eventful last 10 minutes as H96 went from 0-1 to 2-1 before Wiesbaden got a last minute equaliser to send theIr small number of fans a bit happier down the road.

Bit of understandable anger creeping into the feeling on the terraces, with the team just 2 points above the relegation/play-off spots.

Next up a Sunday trip down to Fürth. 

9662E8FE-D01A-4FCB-AB84-3EF611C82CD6.jpeg

EC691D1E-965C-4B16-924F-5B72EB41203B.jpeg

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Surely Hannover won't slip down again, Kaiserslaughtern style?

Hopefully not, but struggling to see where the points will come from over the next set of games.
Away to Fürth (4th)

Home to Hamburg (2nd)

Away to Bielefeld (1st)

Think the two games after these, home to Kiel & away to Nürnberg, will give the best indication as to whether it‘s mid-table mediocrity or down at the bottom fighting relegation. 

15 hours ago, German Jag said:

Hopefully not, but struggling to see where the points will come from over the next set of games.
Away to Fürth (4th)

Home to Hamburg (2nd)

Away to Bielefeld (1st)

Think the two games after these, home to Kiel & away to Nürnberg, will give the best indication as to whether it‘s mid-table mediocrity or down at the bottom fighting relegation. 

How are the crowds? Dwindling? Average of 28,560 according to a quick Google search but not sure if H96 are one of those clubs that go by tickets sold rather than actual fans through the gates.

7 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

How are the crowds? Dwindling? Average of 28,560 according to a quick Google search but not sure if H96 are one of those clubs that go by tickets sold rather than actual fans through the gates.

Think it‘s season ticket numbers plus whatever‘s sold on top. No way it is actual attendees. 
I‘m in N7 (lower section of the home end), and the amount of space available in a ‚sold out‘ (rail seating/„safe“ standing) section is noticeable.

The game against Hamburg is already sold out. The only other home games that will sell out will be St. Pauli and probably Bochum on the last game day.

All the games were shown live on the DFB pokal YouTube channel. I’m not sure if tomorrow’s games are as well. Hertha totally blew it against Schalke with the referee losing all control of the game in extra time.

10 hours ago, Waspy said:

All the games were shown live on the DFB pokal YouTube channel. I’m not sure if tomorrow’s games are as well. Hertha totally blew it against Schalke with the referee losing all control of the game in extra time.

Wish I had know that as I was sitting cursing BT Sport for showing f****g French football instead. Will learn from this and go again.

Wish I had know that as I was sitting cursing BT Sport for showing f****g French football instead. Will learn from this and go again.

Tonight’s games are live too [emoji1360]

19 hours ago, German Jag said:

Think it‘s season ticket numbers plus whatever‘s sold on top. No way it is actual attendees. 
I‘m in N7 (lower section of the home end), and the amount of space available in a ‚sold out‘ (rail seating/„safe“ standing) section is noticeable.

The game against Hamburg is already sold out. The only other home games that will sell out will be St. Pauli and probably Bochum on the last game day.

No surprise given the home form. Is the Ultras section in the tier above?

On another note, 6 red cards in 20 league matches is some effort...

A much needed 3 points for H96 yesterday, as they deservedly won 3-1 down at Greuther Fürth. 12°C, blue sky & [emoji295]️as well as full-strength [emoji481] in the away end.
A fairly uneventful 1st half, with Haraguchi getting the 1-0 lead just before the half-time whistle. 2nd half Elez contrived to get himself sent off for a 2nd yellow, conceding a penalty in the process. For the 1st time ever, think I saw Ron-Robert actually save one!
Lead extended courtesy of Teuchert with 20 minutes to go, although an og from Anton a few minutes later meant the usual squeaky bum time for the rest of the game. 19 year old Stehle put the icing on his debut by securing all 3 points with his goal in the 96th minute.
IMG_0175.jpgIMG_0179.jpgIMG_0186.jpg

Next up home to Hamburg! The small HSV against the big HSV. Game already sold out.

Klinsmann steps down as Hertha manager after 10 weeks in the job. He’ll stay on in his advisory role on the board.

A bit of a surprise going by the money spent by Hertha in the transfer window, I thought he would have stuck it out to the summer. I’m glad I got across to see a game under his short reign.

2 hours ago, Waspy said:

Klinsmann steps down as Hertha manager after 10 weeks in the job. He’ll stay on in his advisory role on the board.

A bit of a surprise going by the money spent by Hertha in the transfer window, I thought he would have stuck it out to the summer. I’m glad I got across to see a game under his short reign.

He spoke after resigning of his confidence that Hertha were on track to achieve the goal of remaining in the league - that kind of mentality needs to be binned asap if they are serious about pushing themselves into the elite level in Germany.