Bundesliga 2023/24

I just got a ticket for Dortmund Köln on Friday night. Absolutely fucking delighted! Always wanted to see a game there, for years. Hoping for a shock too.
For the away end? I've stood there with my Freiburg chums as we/they were battered about 4 nil. Still quite a good experience although the Freiburg fans did seem a bit confused that there was a random shouty man screaming abuse at the referee in a broad Scottish accent (a few beers had been taken). We were actually staying in Köln that weekend too, and got the train up then tram to the ground. A good day out despite the result.

Home end, west tribune closest to the south stand (big f**k off stand!)

Any recommendations on beering, things to watch for and getting away quickly after the game? 2030 kick off makes it a late one getting home.
We were actually flying back home straight after so had booked taxis to pick us up at some kind of convention centre just outside the stadium about 10 minutes before the end to bomb down the autobahn to Köln-Bonn Airport (do they still have announcements saying "Its Bonn. Köln-Bonn." in a bizarre German Sean Connery accent?).

On 19/01/2020 at 18:46, Stellaboz said:

Home end, west tribune closest to the south stand (big f**k off stand!)

Any recommendations on beering, things to watch for and getting away quickly after the game? 2030 kick off makes it a late one getting home.

Been to Dortmund 6 times, twice for Scotland games and 4 for BVB.

The only way really to get away quickly is to leave a few minutes early, last couple of times we've left on 85 minutes (none of the guys I go with are BVB fans, we just seem to get landed on a weekend when they're at home on our Germany trips rather than Schalke quite a lot) which has helped beat most of the rush. Getting back after always seems a lot less hassle than getting there from the Hbf and I've no idea how you ever get on a train any stop between there and the stadium.

Most of the time we just follow the well trodden path of necking cans outside the stadium or buying draught from the kiosks outside the ground, if you have plenty time before the game Wenkers am Markt is a reasonable pub a few minutes walk from the Hbf and also a comedy photo opportunity if you like the word "wankers"

The thing that annoyed me most last time was that inside the ground not only do they have the load money onto a card system, and you have to pay a deposit for the beer cups, those are annoying but tolerable, but if you want a second / third / however many drink , you need to take the cups back to a separate stand, get the euros loaded back onto the card,  then queue up again to get served. Surely it makes sense to hand over the cups each time.

Also them singing YNWA in English before the game is weird / nauseating (delete if necessary according to preference)

I was at the Hertha vs Bayern game at the weekend and boy does Klinsmann have his work cut out. A massive transfer window for Hertha if they're to salvage anything this season.

We were actually flying back home straight after so had booked taxis to pick us up at some kind of convention centre just outside the stadium about 10 minutes before the end to bomb down the autobahn to Köln-Bonn Airport (do they still have announcements saying "Its Bonn. Köln-Bonn." in a bizarre German Sean Connery accent?).
They don't have that at Köln Bonn anymore no, sadly. Sounds a laugh.

Thanks for the feedback guys, been offered a lift from work and then back to Köln after so no mad rush to make the trains.

On 21/01/2020 at 21:49, Fuctifano said:

The only way really to get away quickly is to leave a few minutes early, last couple of times we've left on 85 minutes (none of the guys I go with are BVB fans, we just seem to get landed on a weekend when they're at home on our Germany trips rather than Schalke quite a lot) which has helped beat most of the rush. Getting back after always seems a lot less hassle than getting there from the Hbf and I've no idea how you ever get on a train any stop between there and the stadium.

The thing that annoyed me most last time was that inside the ground not only do they have the load money onto a card system, and you have to pay a deposit for the beer cups, those are annoying but tolerable, but if you want a second / third / however many drink , you need to take the cups back to a separate stand, get the euros loaded back onto the card,  then queue up again to get served. Surely it makes sense to hand over the cups each time.

Also them singing YNWA in English before the game is weird / nauseating (delete if necessary according to preference)

Sounds like you really enjoy your trips there m8 :lol:

Another good weekend in MG with a wee surprise of meeting the players on the Sunday morning! The wee man was absolutely chuffed, especially meeting his hero Stindl 😁 

Hopefully back again in 2 weeks for the Köln game and back again in March for the game v Bayer Leverkusen. 

IMG_20200126_114953.jpg

IMG_20200125_171408.jpg

I see Sky Sports are saying that Hertha are close to agreeing a €27 million deal with AC Milan for Piatek. I also noticed they signed a guy from Lyon the other day for €20-odd million and then loaned him straight back. Have Hertha come into a bit of money?

I see Sky Sports are saying that Hertha are close to agreeing a €27 million deal with AC Milan for Piatek. I also noticed they signed a guy from Lyon the other day for €20-odd million and then loaned him straight back. Have Hertha come into a bit of money?
Yes, the new owners have stated they want Hertha not only to be a big club in Germany but that they have ambitions to be one of the biggest in Europe. They figure getting the whole city behind them can see them being like PSG and I guess it makes some sort of sense from that perspective.

First time at the Continental Arena in Regensburg as H96 went down 1-0 in an absolute crap game.

New signing on loan from Alaves, ex Celtic player, John Guidetti made his debut. For all he did he might as well have been standing next to me.

Miserable conditions with snow/sleet through the 1st half, requiring a switch to the orange ball midway through. Regensburg took the lead courtesy of a penalty deep into extra-time.

Result leaves H96 hovering above the play-off/relegation spots.

IMG_0115.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0119.jpg

Next up home to fellow struggler Wehen Wiesbaden which has a bit of a 6 pointer feel about it!

On 29/01/2020 at 17:53, German Jag said:

First time at the Continental Arena in Regensburg as H96 went down 1-0 in an absolute crap game.

New signing on loan from Alaves, ex Celtic player, John Guidetti made his debut. For all he did he might as well have been standing next to me.

Miserable conditions with snow/sleet through the 1st half, requiring a switch to the orange ball midway through. Regensburg took the lead courtesy of a penalty deep into extra-time.

Result leaves H96 hovering above the play-off/relegation spots.

IMG_0115.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0119.jpg

Next up home to fellow struggler Wehen Wiesbaden which has a bit of a 6 pointer feel about it!

Drove past there stadium a few years ago when heading for Bad Schallerbach in Austria, beautiful part of the world! 

Why are H96 struggling so much? 

@Stellaboz are you going to Mönchengladbach on Sunday? Thankfully my work schedule has allowed me to go to the game albeit I'll be working in the morning then need to drive to Lübeck after the game so no boozing!

It's my first Rhein Derby so definitely looking forward to it. Will have my phone glued to my hand watching the Clyde Celtic game! 

9 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

@Stellaboz are you going to Mönchengladbach on Sunday? Thankfully my work schedule has allowed me to go to the game albeit I'll be working in the morning then need to drive to Lübeck after the game so no boozing!

It's my first Rhein Derby so definitely looking forward to it. Will have my phone glued to my hand watching the Clyde Celtic game! 

I'm afraid not, although I would have absolutely loved to. We've got a friend coming to stay next weekend and if it wasn't for saving up for our wedding, I'd be at as many games as I could :(

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm afraid not, although I would have absolutely loved to. We've got a friend coming to stay next weekend and if it wasn't for saving up for our wedding, I'd be at as many games as I could :(

Aye I remember those saving days! Was utter pish. Don't think you're missing much anyway 😉