Bundesliga 2023/24

23 hours ago, German Jag said:

A low profile appointment for H96 as Kenan Kocak, unemployed but last team was SV Sandhausen, is given a contract as trainer till the end of the season.

Obviously hope that all works out, but have a nagging feeling that we’ll be looking for a new trainer sometime in March.

Surprised you guys didn't go for Andre Schubert seeing as you like Borussia rejects, he'd probably do a half decent job at H96. 

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Great result again from Union Berlin. Doing what they need to, especially at home, to have a shout at staying up.

4 wins in 5 now and, including friendlies, haven't conceeded a goal at home since September 27th

Disappointing from Gladbach today but fair play to Union, they've been a great addition to the league. Hopefully Gladbach pick up during the week away in Austria and hopefully get 3 points on Sunday, even more because I'll be there 🙈

33 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Disappointing from Gladbach today but fair play to Union, they've been a great addition to the league. Hopefully Gladbach pick up during the week away in Austria and hopefully get 3 points on Sunday, even more because I'll be there 🙈

I don't think you played poorly today, just like Dortmund, Freiburg and Hertha didn't play particularly poorly either.

Union last season had the best defence in the 2. Bundesliga, and they are starting to be just as organised again this season. Hard to break down and then, once you do, you still need to get past Rafał Gikiewicz which is no mean feat!

He's out of contract in the summer. We will do well to keep hold of him.

On 23/11/2019 at 18:05, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think you played poorly today, just like Dortmund, Freiburg and Hertha didn't play particularly poorly either.

Union last season had the best defence in the 2. Bundesliga, and they are starting to be just as organised again this season. Hard to break down and then, once you do, you still need to get past Rafał Gikiewicz which is no mean feat!

He's out of contract in the summer. We will do well to keep hold of him.

Losing an early goal was always going to be difficult against teams like Union. I was watching the game before the clyde game and at half time and it looked like we just couldn't break them down. 

The league has tightened up a wee bit, a few teams within 3 points now. Borussia should win against Freiburg who are a great team this season but I just think at home Borussia should take care of them, this is the 2nd time I would have seen Freiburg at Borussia Park, last time being an easy 3-0 win. 

Still got Bayern and Paderborn at home and Wolfsburg and Hertha away before Christmas, be interesting to see how the top of the table looks then. I can't see us remaining at top, I reckon we'll only take between 6 and 9 points with a defeat from Bayern that will allow them to leapfrog us. 

Hertha need to punt Ante Covic immediately and bring the Prince of Berlin home before it is too late.
skysport_de-dardai-hertha_4555113.jpg?20190123204853&key=21b7f7d5bf0a8148195f0ec85291431752c8621e0bab16da4be7e94c4388b261

The time was right for Pàl to move on but the appointment of Covic was disastrous. To try and build on the good work of Pàl a recognised manager with league experience was needed, not some guy from the reserves. Heads need to roll on this appointment.

Mad run of games coming up for Union. Schalke up next which will be tough, especially in Gelsenkirchen.

If Union are to stay up this season, these games below that coming up are pivotal. 12, if not 13, points here would be a huge leap towards safety.

20191123_171023.jpg

15 hours ago, Waspy said:

The time was right for Pàl to move on but the appointment of Covic was disastrous. To try and build on the good work of Pàl a recognised manager with league experience was needed, not some guy from the reserves. Heads need to roll on this appointment.

I think you are probably correct in that the club seemed to have stagnated a little under his management, with a good start regularly being followed by a shambolic end to the season, thereby resulting in a mid-table finish. For it to be considered the correct decision, the club had to then appoint the correct man to take things to the next level.

As you say, they failed miserably and are currently being thoroughly shown up by Union.

I think you are probably correct in that the club seemed to have stagnated a little under his management, with a good start regularly being followed by a shambolic end to the season, thereby resulting in a mid-table finish. For it to be considered the correct decision, the club had to then appoint the correct man to take things to the next level.
As you say, they failed miserably and are currently being thoroughly shown up by Union.

Hopefully something happens soon and this mess can be sorted out.

Kenan Kocak‘s new manager bounce lasted all of 3 minutes as Darmstadt got their first goal, courtesy of some Keystone cops style defending, in a 2-1 away win in Hannover.

A chilly, foggy evening with just 22,100 in attendance. H96 back on level terms after 15 mins. as Haraguchi fired in a rebound from a Weydandt header. Some more comedy defending saw the guests regain their lead on the half hour mark. 
Three minutes from the end, newly introduced, Marc Stendera scored a worldie which was knocked off after VAR. Stendera‘s reaction earned him a yellow and 2 minutes later he got a 2nd yellow!

Result leaves H96 stuck at the wrong end of the table, 3rd bottom ie play-off spot.
Also the serious drop off in attendance numbers, must be causing some concern  

Next up a, jam packed away end, trip to St. Pauli.

8AD6508A-810E-415D-8502-60EF7BAC2782.jpeg

Hertha confirm that Ante Covic has been punted. Jurgen Klinsmann has been given the job until the end of the season.

Decent enough appointment although the word on the street is that Hertha are wanting Niko Kovač for next season. I'd rather stick with Klinsmann.