Bundesliga 2023/24

Bit of a mad game. Karlsruhe were second best for a fair part of the match. Their Korean attacking midfielder was particularly poor and the left back looked dodgy. Hannover had chances and should have taken all 3 points with their late 3rd goal. But a mad final few minutes of injury time saw a second yellow for the Hannover keeper after appearing to hit an opponent in the stomach in the immediate aftermath of the home side's equaliser. Not quite Dumbarton v Peterhead but an entertaining Saturday afternoon.

15 hours ago, Waspy said:

After 6 visits to the Olympiastadion I witnessed my first Hertha defeat at the hands of Hoffenheim. After taking a 2-0 lead it was looking bleak for Hertha until a cracker of a goal from Lukebakio pulled one back and Salomon Kalou got the next to pull level on 2-2. Hoffenheim then went up the park and put the game to bed with a well taken header with 10 min to go. Ex Celtic player Derek Boyata had a torrid time and looked well out of his depth at the back for Hertha.
It's a big week for Hertha with Dresden at home in the cup with the away side bringing a colossal 30,000 supporters and the first derby game of the season against Union on the Saturday.

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

What was the rough count of away fans, do you know? Looks like there were very few.

Still a bit gutted Schalke couldn't put the game to bed on Saturday. Bielefeld away in the cup this week with a trip to Augsburg on Sunday evening.

Bundesliga is unbelievably tight right now. I also watched Gladbach last night, and they look really good.

Hamburg vs Stuttgart was my pre-Revierderby viewing on Saturday, and that was a cracker too.

10 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Still a bit gutted Schalke couldn't put the game to bed on Saturday. Bielefeld away in the cup this week with a trip to Augsburg on Sunday evening.

Bundesliga is unbelievably tight right now. I also watched Gladbach last night, and they look really good.

Hamburg vs Stuttgart was my pre-Revierderby viewing on Saturday, and that was a cracker too.

Our defence is pretty ropey at the best of times, 2 goals and cruising on Sunday to then lose a goal and suddenly Eintracht are all over us. But fair play to the team, they got the goals to make the game comfortable in the end. 

Zakaria is a fine player, another lad we plucked from the Swiss league and has came on a lot! 

Some clever recruitment over the summer, losing the inconsistent Thorgan Hazard was quickly forgotten with the replacement #10 Marcus Thuram who looks to be a fantastic young player. 

A bit short in the defence with Ginter out injured again, Max Eberl really needs to sort that out but i wonder if he will make it 3 Christmas transfer Windows in a row with no signings. 

Will be in Mönchengladbach on the 1st of December for the game v Freiburg which will be interesting seeing as they're the surprise package this season. 

Also will make the game in MG late January against Mainz but waiting for that to be confirmed. Usually that's my sons Christmas present, a trip right after Christmas. 

4 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Dynamo Dresden set to take around 35,000 fans to Berlin tonight for their cup game at Hertha. Absolutely ridiculous numbers. 

Crazy stuff indeed, when you consider the total attendance against H96 was 28.359 with 1.600 in the away section.

Helped, in  a small way, with tomorrow being a national holiday (Reformation Day).

Biggest upset last night was FC. Köln going out to 4th Division Saarbrücken.

VfL Bochum 1-0 up for the majority of their game against Bayern. All in vain as Bayern got a late equaliser & winner. All eyes tonight on Dortmund & Gladbach. 

Edited by German Jag

Mirko Slomka‘s inability to get a home win, at the 6th time of asking eventually costed him his job as he was sacked this morning. The usual off to a bright start with Weydandt putting H96 in front after just 6 minutes. Thereafter was all downhill, with the 120 or so Sandhausen fans rueing the fact the didn‘t take all 3 points. No news yet as regards potential successors, no doubt the German equivalent of Yogi Hughes/Gary Caldwell is updating their CV.

Next up a long trip to Heidenheim on Sunday!

47ED8981-7FFB-4D71-A5F0-A0C800DBD4A7.jpeg