Bundesliga 2023/24

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Quite a few German fans at Firhill yesterday. I had to move a couple of Hamburg fans from my seat (politely) and four Eintracht Frankfurt fans were sitting in front.

#kulturshock

if you'd been keeping an eye on the schottischerfußball17/18 thread on KuchenundRindfleischextrakt.de you'd have known they've been discussing a trip over for a while....

On 3/11/2018 at 17:40, German Jag said:

There is next to nothing in Wolfsburg, only problem is that it‘s unlikely you‘d make the ICE @ 22:23 to Hannover and end up on the ENO @ 23:16 which doesn‘t get in till 11 past midnight. Braunschweig would also have been a better option as regards night-life, but even to there the train connections after the game don‘t get in to late on. 

Yeah, we'd kind of resigned ourselves to having to get a late train.

Have opted for Hannover, as means only one train back to Hamburg on the Saturday. So any advice on where to go, what's good etc (after midnight when we arrive)?

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We have another very strong opponent in front of us in FCBayern I have four wishes for Sunday. Keep the same number of men on the pitch as Bayern. Don't concede. Score a goal. Blow the whistle straight after.

Leipzig manager not asking for much

They had a belter of a game at Leipzig last season.

H96‘s run of poor results (currently 1 point from the last 5 games, similar to Thistle) continued with a 1-0 defeat in Dortmund.

A well played flick on at the near post by Batshuayi midway through the 1st half gave the hosts a deserved half time lead.

Better performance by H96 in the 2nd half, but despite much huffing & puffing were unable to take anything from the game.

Result sees H96 slip down to 13th with Bremen also winning in Augsburg, but still 7 points above the play-off spot and 12 above Köln.

International break, so after a trip to Budapest, a home game against RB Leipzig.

DFBA455E-1D04-4A0E-A38D-2FACD4B6B476.jpeg

B7771D13-795B-46E7-8E8B-AD98EC353EC8.jpeg

Edited by German Jag

• 2 weeks later...

Another game and another defeat for H96 to make it 5 defeats in a row. RB’s first visit to Hannover, saw the away-end sold out. Overall a good game, with 3 goals in the the space of 7 minutes setting up a tight finish. 82nd minute H96 made it ‘3-3’, only for the VAR in Cologne to ask the ref to relook at it, which resulted in the goal not standing.

Next up, a sell-out game on Friday night at home to Werder Bremen. Need for points starting to get acute.

IMG_3527.jpg

H96 eventually get 3 points, which more or less secures BL1 status for next season.

Large Bremen contingent within the 49.000 crowd.

Goals from Harnik & Klaus gave H96 the lead at half-time. Belfodil got one back for the visitors with 15 minutes to play, which resulted in some serious squeaky-bum time.
IMG_3539.jpg

Next up a trip down to Stuttgart.

9 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Salif Sané will join
Schalke this summer from Hannover96. Whenever I've seen him he looks good.

One of my favourite H96 players. Good defender although does have the occasional brain-fart.

Has a good bit of respect from H96 fans due to not jumping ship following relegation 2 years ago.

He also had a fall-out with, then Trainer, Tayfun Korkut which resulted in him getting 'demoted' to the H96 Amateure who play in the Regionalliga Nord (4th Division), which meant I got the chance to see  him against local side GSC08 Goslar.

Also scored this overhead kick in Wolfsburg to grab a 2-2 draw. Scenes in the away end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2A02iL1LRU

Edited by German Jag

@German Jag @Stellaboz not sure if either of you would be able to answer this but given that I can't think of any other German-based P&Bers, I'll ask you both:

I follow Heidenheim's results (along with Gutersloh and BVB) due to Marc Schnatterer (:wub:) and I see that they're doing rather poorly this season. I haven't seen any disgruntlement towards Frank Schmidt. Is that the case? And, if so, is it because he has been at FCH and their previous incarnation since 2003 as well as being a Heidenheim native? Or are Germans more patient?

13 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

@German Jag @Stellaboz not sure if either of you would be able to answer this but given that I can't think of any other German-based P&Bers, I'll ask you both:

I follow Heidenheim's results (along with Gutersloh and BVB) due to Marc Schnatterer (:wub:) and I see that they're doing rather poorly this season. I haven't seen any disgruntlement towards Frank Schmidt. Is that the case? And, if so, is it because he has been at FCH and their previous incarnation since 2003 as well as being a Heidenheim native? Or are Germans more patient?

Think it‘s more the length of service plus being a Heidenheimer. The chairman mentioned in a recent interview that he‘ll be kept on even if they get relegated to the 3. Liga. 

As regards German patience, look at how many trainers Hamburg have had over the years. 

4 hours ago, German Jag said:

Think it‘s more the length of service plus being a Heidenheimer. The chairman mentioned in a recent interview that he‘ll be kept on even if they get relegated to the 3. Liga. 

As regards German patience, look at how many trainers Hamburg have had over the years. 

Cheers. Length of service plus a chairman saying that a manager will not be sacked even if they get relegated. Sounds vaguely familiar...