Bundesliga 2023/24

3 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

@German Jag Another fixtures based question for you, if you wouldn't mind.

In December, the BL/DFB announced the vague outline of the 18/19 season. Start date, winter closing, end date etc but do you know when they actually announce the exact match day dates? Tried looking back to find last year's announcement but couldn't find it.

This season the fixtures were announced on 5th July. Exact dates and times, for the first 6 rounds of games, were released a week later.

A disappointing 0-1 for H96 yesterday at home to Mönchengladbach.
Freezing cold and with relations between club-president Martin Kind and fan groups going back to non-existent following a 2 week respite also zero atmosphere in the HDI Arena
A meh 1st half, 2nd half Gladbach were the more attacking team resulting in a top-notch strike from Christoph Kramer in the 70th minute. Thereafter H96 huffed & puffed but never looked like taking something from the game.

IMG_1519575186.219115.thumb.jpg.3daa0c17c0a63c13ad1b5b3554ffab4c.jpgIMG_1519575212.213599.thumb.jpg.3ca0a6d857e4a686df5ad60c6fe8ec5c.jpg

Next up a trip to Eintracht Frankfurt.

What’s the issue with the chairman and fans?

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What’s the issue with the chairman and fans?

Martin Kind & the 50 + 1 rule

This was the stituation 2 weeks ago. The reason for going back to silence/boycoot yesterday was cancelation / postponement of a meeting between the club and fan groups.

Don't have too much interest in club politics, but myself and most fans believe that if he were to be able to secure complete ownership that the club would be listed and/or punted to an investment group.

The Ultras, who are also up their own hole, have a selective memory as regards the money that Kind has put in over the years.

Without him H96, would be mucking around in the 3. Liga / Regionalliga Nord. He also coughed up the money to cover the damage to Sandhausen's stadium following last years promotion celebrations (€350.000).

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

This season the fixtures were announced on 5th July. Exact dates and times, for the first 6 rounds of games, were released a week later.

In 2017 the fixtures were announced on 29th June.

What I mean is when is it announced when each round will be played, when the midweek rounds are etc

11 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

In 2017 the fixtures were announced on 29th June.

What I mean is when is it announced when each round will be played, when the midweek rounds are etc

Exact dates and times only get announced in blocks of 6/7 about 6 or 7 weeks before. All dependant on who is still active in the CL & EL.

As to when these blocks of games get announced there are no specified dates.

Robert Lewandowski hit a hat-trick as Bayern Munich restored their 20-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga with a comfortable 6-0 victory over Hamburg.

In Hamburg’s last three league visits to the Allianz Arena Bernd Hollerbach’s side had shipped 21 goals

:blink:

3-1 defeat at home to Augsburg for H96 yesterday, to make it 3 defeats in a row.

Current poor run of form means that instead of looking upwards and thinking of a Europa League spot, that they need to ensure that they don't end up in fight around the play-off position.

An overall meh game in front of 36.500 attendees.

Next up, a Sunday lunchtime start away to Borussia Dortmund.

My pal and I are going to Wolfsburg's Friday night game against Augsburg in a few weeks. And then heading up to Hamburg on the Saturday to (hopefully) take in the St Pauli Union Berlin game.

Is it worth staying in Wolfsburg on the Friday night, or is Hannover a better option for a few beers etc afterward?

Quite a few German fans at Firhill yesterday. I had to move a couple of Hamburg fans from my seat (politely) and four Eintracht Frankfurt fans were sitting in front.

#kulturshock

5 hours ago, Landry Zahanioni said:

My pal and I are going to Wolfsburg's Friday night game against Augsburg in a few weeks. And then heading up to Hamburg on the Saturday to (hopefully) take in the St Pauli Union Berlin game.

Is it worth staying in Wolfsburg on the Friday night, or is Hannover a better option for a few beers etc afterward?

There is next to nothing in Wolfsburg, only problem is that it‘s unlikely you‘d make the ICE @ 22:23 to Hannover and end up on the ENO @ 23:16 which doesn‘t get in till 11 past midnight. Braunschweig would also have been a better option as regards night-life, but even to there the train connections after the game don‘t get in to late on.