Bundesliga 2023/24

That's the weekend I'm there. The Regionalliga games don't fall too favourably with only Viktoria and Hertha U23's at home. If Hertha's first team do play Sunday, I presume the U23's will be Sat. I'll probably just do an Olympiastadion tour then go to that game

The amateur stadium at the Olympic park is quite decent. If your willing to look even lower you will find something.

If VSG Altglienicke or Sg sportfreunde johannisthal are at home it's worth
While going to see the legendary Berlin singing stadium announcer Ronny.

https://youtu.be/347sFflz2YA

8 hours ago, Waspy said:

The amateur stadium at the Olympic park is quite decent. If your willing to look even lower you will find something.

If VSG Altglienicke or Sg sportfreunde johannisthal are at home it's worth
While going to see the legendary Berlin singing stadium announcer Ronny.

https://youtu.be/347sFflz2YA

aye its worth doing a bit of digging,one of the wonders of the web

On 20/07/2018 at 22:22, German Jag said:

Below a summary of the BL1/2 games which are feasible

Dortmund          Bayern                                 No tickets, will also be the Saturday 18:30 game.

Dusseldorf         Hertha                                 Picks itself if in Düsseldorf. Tickets easy to get.

Frankfurt            Schalke                                Will eventually sell out, but should be no problem getting tickets once open sale starts.

Freiburg              Mainz                                   Tickets no problem. Bit of a journey.

Hannover           Wolfsburg                          Tickets no problem. Bit far away, but I’ll buy you a beer.

Hoffenheim       Augsburg                            Tickets no problem, not the greatest of days out.

Nurnberg            Stuttgart                              Should be easy to get tickets, beautiful city.

Bochum               Darmstadt                          If in Düsseldorf then easy to get to and tickets no problem.

FC Koln                 Dresden                              Will sell-out, but if quick in open-sale then should be OK.

Ingolstadt           Bielefeld                             Only for combining with Nüremberg if dates/times match.

Paderborn          Kiel                                        Bit out of the way, but doable. Tickets will be easy to get.

Sandhausen      Duisburg                         Nice enough (if a bit boring) little stadium & town. Tickets easy to get.

As regards Aalen, Würzburg, Aachen & Essen.

Aalen          Never been

Wurzburger Kickers  Very nice town, also tidy stadium

Aachen      OK city, never been for football

Essen          Typical NRW industrial city like Bochum, Dortmund etc. never been for football.

Case of wait & see what the fixture calender comes up with.

Last season the exact dates & times for October through to the 1st week in December were announced 30th August.

Thanks to the fixture list now being sorted for the rest of 2018, that’s us now sorted ticket-wise.

Friday: flying to Stuttgart

Saturday: Freiburg v Mainz

Sunday: Eintracht v Schalke

Monday: flight home from Stuttgart

Really looking forward to it. We’ve got about 24 hours in each of Stuttgart, Freiburg, and Frankfurt. Does anyone have any tips on must-see sights, pre-match bars, pubs/areas to aim for on a night out, etc?

14 hours ago, Adamski said:

Thanks to the fixture list now being sorted for the rest of 2018, that’s us now sorted ticket-wise.

Really looking forward to it. We’ve got about 24 hours in each of Stuttgart, Freiburg, and Frankfurt. Does anyone have any tips on must-see sights, pre-match bars, pubs/areas to aim for on a night out, etc?

Was over for Stuttgart v Hertha in January, there wasn't a lot there but it has a zoo and a couple of car museums (Mercedes and Porsche) if you're into that, The stadium is also very nice but more from the inside than the outside.

16 hours ago, Adamski said:

We’ve got about 24 hours in each of Stuttgart, Freiburg, and Frankfurt. Does anyone have any tips on must-see sights, pre-match bars, pubs/areas to aim for on a night out, etc?

Doing Frankfurt next month for the Europa League fixture with Lazio. 

Will report back my findings.

My mate is originally from Freiburg so I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him. They're a decent bunch - he can usually get away end tickets for the big games through family still there so we went to see them get hammered by Dortmund under Klopp - so it should be a decent day out.

Right, have asked my mate about Freiburg and he said this:

Hi

local brewery called Feierling, very central, has a beer garden and I think they serve food too. Nightlife I don't have many tips, too long ago, sorry. Other cool central pub is the "Schlappen", again I think they serve food for good value. Best beer is "Rothaus", signs are outside the pub, but local beers like Martinsbraeu or above Feierling are great too. If it's a nice day then you should hire bikes and cycle to the stadium - have you ever seen a bicycle traffic jam?

Hope this helps a bit

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Right, have asked my mate about Freiburg and he said this:

Hi

local brewery called Feierling, very central, has a beer garden and I think they serve food too. Nightlife I don't have many tips, too long ago, sorry. Other cool central pub is the "Schlappen", again I think they serve food for good value. Best beer is "Rothaus", signs are outside the pub, but local beers like Martinsbraeu or above Feierling are great too. If it's a nice day then you should hire bikes and cycle to the stadium - have you ever seen a bicycle traffic jam?

Hope this helps a bit

Much appreciated - cheers. I'll definitely check those pubs out, and probably amuse myself about the word 'Schlappen' a fair amount if we end up there. I think biking to the game sounds fun too although not sure if the others in the group will agree.

54 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

My extensive German vocabulary suggests that’s Rothaus means Redhouse.

A few pubs and craft beer shops around where I live sell it. It's good stuff. Didn't realise it was from Freiburg.

Edited by Adamski

Frankfurt - head to Kleine Rittergasse at night, a pedestrianised street packed full of bars. Been there a couple of times and it’s always busy and a good night out.

4 hours ago, David W said:

Freiburg v Stuttgart. 10/10. Probably the best game I've watched so far this season.

I would absolutely agree with this having just watched this now having recorded it as I could not watch it earlier live.  Could not ask for much more with 6 goals and a red card and other decent wasted chances.