Bundesliga 2023/24

Thought I remembered a similar scoreline in Munich last season, had a look and sure enough it was 6-0 (think there was a red card though). That's an aggregate scoreline of 20-2 in the last four Bayern v Dortmund games.

Now just a case of counting down the game days till it‘s mathematically impossible for H96 to stay up following yesterdays 3-1 defeat in Wolfsburg.
The faint glimmer of hope when Weydandt slotted away his goal in the half-hour mark lasted all of 90 seconds before Steffen‘s equaliser. 1-1 @ half-time and with H96 not at the races in the 2nd half, VfL ran out deserved 3-1 winners.
With Stuttgart & Nürnberg drawing, then the gap to the play-off spot is now 7 points.
Only high-point was having a free ticket for hospitality.
IMG_5329.jpgIMG_5333.jpgIMG_5335.jpg

Next up home to Mönchengladbach.

Another game-day, another defeat. A good 11.000 Gladbach fans made up for the apathy amongst the home fans.
As always H96 started well, but ran out of ideas fairly quickly. Rafael’s 1-0 for Gladbach was a bit spawny, but such is life!
5 games to play, one of which (in Munich against Bayern) can be written off!IMG_5341.jpgIMG_5342.jpg

Next up a trip to Berlin on Easter Sunday

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Luka Jović (
will stay at Eintracht Frankfurt!

The Bundesliga club exercised their €7 million right to make the transfer from Benfica permanent.

emoji736.png 30 starts
emoji460.png️ 25 goals
emoji742.png️ 7 assists

A really good player at such a cheap price tag

Isn't that just the first part so they can sell him on at a substantial profit? I thought teams like Bayern/Barcelona were linked with signing him for over 50 million.

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
22 minutes ago, Rodhull said:
Isn't that just the first part so they can sell him on at a substantial profit? I thought teams like Bayern/Barcelona were linked with signing him for over 50 million.

Probably true. Buy for 7 million to then sell on for a huge fee. Surprised Benfica are letting him go

I'm only going by what they said on the 'On the continent' podcast but they seemed to think the fee was set in stone as part of the loan agreement and as long as Frankfurt paid that Benfica had no say in it. Looks a terrible deal now obviously but apparently he showed very little promise in Portugal.

With H96 currently having lost their last 8 games & Hertha‘s current form reading 5 defeats in their last 5 games, then expectations of a good game were non existent. The subsequent bore-fest 0-0 came as no surprise. The point accrued leaves H96 still anchored to the foot of the table & 6 points removed from the play-off spot.
Next up 1FC. Mainz at home.

IMG_1555942563.643709.jpgIMG_1555942581.220744.jpg

Hate stadiums with an athletics track!

With H96 currently having lost their last 8 games & Hertha‘s current form reading 5 defeats in their last 5 games, then expectations of a good game were non existent. The subsequent bore-fest 0-0 came as no surprise. The point accrued leaves H96 still anchored to the foot of the table & 6 points removed from the play-off spot.
Next up 1FC. Mainz at home.

IMG_1555942563.643709.jpg.f9e81102e6303e1321ebea25b150803c.jpgIMG_1555942581.220744.thumb.jpg.5cd465e3f8f60d240918739e9f44dca6.jpg

Hate stadiums with an athletics track!
I quite liked the stadium when I was there for the Berlin derby a few years back. The atmosphere was tremendous.

20 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

@German Jag Absolute scenes at the H96 AGM!

Yip. Not got a big interest in club politics, but good to see him & his plans for trying to get rid of the 50+1 rule get chucked in the bin with the appointment of  the 5 counter candidates, one of which was former club captain Carsten Linke. 

Had a blast in Dusseldorf over the easter weekend. Many thanks to Stellaboz and German Jag for giving us a dig out with some details for the trip.

Was at Shalke/Hoffenheim on Saturday which ended 5-2 to Hoffenheim. Shalke appear in a very bad way but I have to say Hoffendheim look an excellent team. I was already aware of Kramaric and Szalai as very good attacking players but the lad Demirbay was sensational. I have since seen since coming back he has been linked with Wolves and West Ham in the summer, he would be a welcome addition to the Premiership.

Sunday was a trip into Koln for Viktoria against RW Essen. I assumed by buying terracing tickets online I would be in the home end but ended up in the away end. Essen reminded me of like a German Airdrie. Not sure if that is the norm but it was swarming with police for an away crowd of 300 or so. Some mad Ultra demanded we give him a Euro as well for standing here is this normal practice? He appeared coked out his nut so I just gave him it to save peace. Left at half time as I was melting in the heat and I got the impression this mob would be held in after the game. Spent the day in Koln which was tremedendous I reckon if I return for a football break we would stay here.

Monday evening was the trip to Duisburg for Uerdingen v Braunschsweig. Was actually a decent wee game and a fair racket was made despite a crowd of around 5,000 inside a 30,000 seater stadium. I was a bit perplexed at the start of the game that no flags were in the away end but after around 20 minutes the Ultras for Braunschweig appeared going absolutely tonto. I am assuming this was in some kind of protest at Monday night football in Germany as they had a banner to that effect.

Apart from my mate pishing his bed due to being absolutely miraculous this was a braw wee trip. Until next time troops!

Edited by Neilly

H96 picked their 2nd win of 2019 courtesy of a scrappy goal from Hendrik Weydandt in a half-empty HDI Arena on a driechest of days. Any hopes of sneaking the play-off spot were more or less blown out the water with Stuttgart‘s win in the evening game plus Nuremberg‘s point against Munich on Sunday.

Next up away to Munich. Long day out having to get the night train back late on. Assuming H96 get humped then if  Stuttgart get a point in Berlin relegation will be confirmed. Only saving grace is that Munich can‘t secure the title.

7867679D-3DD5-4F6A-9423-9A9E106495AA.jpeg

E3B94A67-7D5A-420C-A04C-F8A4FC210F23.jpeg

AB5308C5-FC87-42CF-926E-8D4676B8ADC3.jpeg

H96 picked their 2nd win of 2019 courtesy of a scrappy goal from Hendrik Weydandt in a half-empty HDI Arena on a driechest of days. Any hopes of sneaking the play-off spot were more or less blown out the water with Stuttgart‘s win in the evening game plus Nuremberg‘s point against Munich on Sunday.
Next up away to Munich. Long day out having to get the night train back late on. Assuming H96 get humped then if  Stuttgart get a point in Berlin relegation will be confirmed. Only saving grace is that Munich can‘t secure the title.

7867679D-3DD5-4F6A-9423-9A9E106495AA.thumb.jpeg.7c082879f0ae774281416dba19605c55.jpeg
E3B94A67-7D5A-420C-A04C-F8A4FC210F23.thumb.jpeg.5ed8a745b2b2c77a6a40085bec31f05d.jpeg
AB5308C5-FC87-42CF-926E-8D4676B8ADC3.thumb.jpeg.0815fb6197823aa8f2a9c4cad59b850e.jpeg

Any new grounds you are looking forward to going to next season?

As mentioned above, the promotion race in BL2 took a significant turn on Sunday.

Despite losing to bottom of the table Duisburg, Köln are still odds on to win the league. Paderborn‘s win against Heidenheim coupled with Union Berlin‘s 2-0 at home to Hamburg, puts Hamburg in 4th, albeit only 1 point separates 2nd to 4th. Problem for Hamburg is their goal difference is by far the poorest. Added to that they still have to play in Paderborn.