Bundesliga 2023/24

22 hours ago, German Jag said:

Horrendous conditions in Hannover yesterday. What started off as drizzle before kick-off, changed pretty quickly to sleat and then snow resulting in almost slapstick as any attempt to play the ball on the deck was doomed to being held up. As exemplified by Haraguchi's shot on goal here:-

https://youtu.be/v1ESIbkTaD8

2-0 for Leverkusen by half-time courtesy of two goals from Kevin Volland. The snow led to the game being stopped on numerous occasions in order for the lines round the penalty box to be made visible.

Glimmer of a point for H96, as Jonathas as well as an own goal from Weiser brought the scores level. All in vain though as Kai Havertz secured the points in the 87th minute.

Nowhere near the 33.800 official attendance in the stadium.

Next up a trip to Augsburg.

IMG_5197.JPG

Watched this on BT Sport. Was pretty farcical to be honest. Ball was holding up all the time with passes falling short, players unable to run with the ball and, of course, the unfortunate Haraguchi’s effort. I wonder if the game was 0-0 after 30 odd minutes if the ref would have abandoned it ?  Entertaining watch nonetheless. 

21 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Dusseldorf v Frankfurt
0-3 the away team
At half time a section of the home support decided to enter the stadium. On strike as the game is on a Monday night.

I find that sort of protest pointless. Don't want games on a Monday night then just don't go.

Think they'll do enough to stay up. They're 4 points clear and although it's been a shocker of a season, there are still about 6 or 7 teams worse than them by xG. Worth noting that their last 2 home games are v the two sides directly below them (Suttgart and Augsburg).

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Massive goal from Reus there. Dortmund have been behind twice, but look like taking all 3 points. Hertha finishing with 9 men as Ibesevic hit Burki with a spare ball :lol:

That was quite some finish to the game. And Ibesevic being shocked that he got sent off. Quite hilarious tbh!

H96‘s chances of playing in the top division next season took a massive hit as they went down 3-1 away to fellow strugglers Augsburg.
H96 with the livelier start and took a deserved lead in the 8th minute courtesy of a header from Hendrik Weydandt. Augsburg gradually came back into it, but 1-0 at 1/2 time was correct.
52nd minute, Genki Haraguchi clattered the crossbar with a free-kick from 20 yards out. Couple of cm lower and it would‘ve been home & hosed for H96.
Substitute Cordova was quickest to a rebound for the equaliser. Shite keeping at a free-kick from Esser gifted Augsburg the lead. 3rd goal in the 86th minute ensured that Augsburg took all 3 points.
Result leaves H96 9 points behind Schalke & 6 behind Stuttgart in the play-off spot.
Rapidly running out of games with the play-off spot being the only realistic option for staying up.

Next up after a trip to Kazakhstan & San Marino, Schalke 04 at home.
IMG_1552820240.502354.jpgIMG_1552820358.649918.jpgIMG_5212.jpg

What are the chances of getting Dusseldorf/Bayern tickets next month?
Also Koln/Hamburg that weekend?
Am no hand much luck locating tickets on the sites.
Köln Hamburg you'll be lucky to get on public sale, probably have to find someone selling a ticket or pay way over the odds for them.
Might be going to Leverkusen Schalke on the 5th though, with a Schalke supporting friend.

11 hours ago, Neilly said:

What are the chances of getting Dusseldorf/Bayern tickets next month?

Also Koln/Hamburg that weekend?

Am no hand much luck locating tickets on the sites.

Not easy games to get tickets for. Tends to be easy enough to get Dusseldorf tickets, but as with any other club, it's different when it's Bayern. Koln v Hamburg will not go to public sale, so you're looking at c**ts on Viagogo etc if you want tickets for that.

Aye was little chance of briefs for either so now heading out the 20th April.

20th - Shalke v Hoffenheim

21st - Viktoria Koln v Essen

22nd Uerdingen v Braunschweig

Uerdingen play at Duisburg's stadium I believe so I'm assuming I can get free train for Shalke and Uerdingen games but is it right Koln doesn't fall into the auld free ticket hing because it's class outwith the necessary area? No that the cost of the train ticket will break the bank but I just like to know these things troops.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Uerdingen play at Duisburg's stadium I believe so I'm assuming I can get free train for Shalke and Uerdingen games but is it right Koln doesn't fall into the auld free ticket hing because it's class outwith the necessary area? No that the cost of the train ticket will break the bank but I just like to know these things troops.

Aye if you're abiding by the laws you need to buy a ticket from Dusseldorf to some halfway stop and then your Koln ticket will cover you from there (tho obvs you stay on the same train), presume @German Jag knows exactly which ticket to buy. That said in about 10 trips to Germany I've never seen inspectors anywhere but on ICE trains and the train from Berlin airport but I'm too much of a shitebag  law abiding citizen to chance it without a few beers in me.

Only other thing I'd caution there is Duisburg's pitch is a midden due to the groundshare and they recently had a game vs Koln postponed because of combination of rain and Uerdingen playing at home on the same weekend before they did, reverse scenario happens the weekend you're there with Duisburg at home on the 20th, but hopefully grass has grown back a bit by then or it stays dry.

edit: as Schalke is the late game you could easily do a Saturday double header with Duisburg -appreciate going to same ground twice in one weekend not great-or Leverkusen, if they still have tickets available

Edited by Fuctifano

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

If taking the S6, then the last/next station(s) before the "border" would be Langenfeld (Rhld) / Leverkusen Rheindorf.

If on the RE1 or RE5 trains, then it's Düsseldorf-Benrath / Leverkusen Mitte.

There will be inspectors kicking about. Quite often in NRW the trains are that packed that it's difficult for them to check everyone.

If there's a group of you then would suggest to get a SchönerTagTicket NRW (€46 for upto 5 people).

Also 20th April is Hitler's birth-date, so may be one or two right-wing demos plus corresponding Anti-Fa counter demos going on.