Bundesliga 2023/24

In Düsseldorf for Matchday 7. Looks like Fortuna Düsseldorf, Vfl Bochum and possibly Dortmund the best 3 fixtures. Any advice for getting tickets would be appreciated.
It's Fortnuna v Schalke so tickets might be harder to come by than normal. If you sign up to Fortuna's online ticket site I'd imagine you'd get them on thr first day of general sale if you're sharpish.

Bochim is no issue. Sign up to their ticket site and print at home. They rarely get more than 50% capacity for run of the mill league games.

Dortmund will almost certaiy need to be a viagogo/ seatwave job.

You also have Köln v Duisburg which will be fine ticket wise as long as you sign up and buy as soon as they go on general sale.

It's Fortnuna v Schalke so tickets might be harder to come by than normal. If you sign up to Fortuna's online ticket site I'd imagine you'd get them on thr first day of general sale if you're sharpish.

Bochim is no issue. Sign up to their ticket site and print at home. They rarely get more than 50% capacity for run of the mill league games.

Dortmund will almost certaiy need to be a viagogo/ seatwave job.

You also have Köln v Duisburg which will be fine ticket wise as long as you sign up and buy as soon as they go on general sale.

Thank you I did see it was Fortuna v Schalke and that put the game top of the list. Looking at a couple of weeks before the game for tickets to go on sale? Or is it longer than that.

Lineup for my first German football weekend of the season is looking like

Friday - Fortuna Düsseldorf II v Oberhausen at the Paul Janes Stadion. Walking distance from our hotel so a gentle way to start the weekend.

Saturday - Wuppertal v Viktoria Köln and the Stadion am Zoo. To get to the ground you take a minorail suspended above a river/canal. What's not to like

Saturday - Schalke v Bayern at the Veltins Arena. Going to be paying through the nose for this one.

Sunday - Duisburg v Aue. Leverkusen also play at home on Subday but got a soft spot for Duisburg

Looking at going over for a weekend in November - basing ourselves around either Dusseldorf or Frankfurt. Pick of the bigger games that look relatively accessible are Eintracht v Schalke and Nurnberg v Stuttgart. Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting tickets for these might be?

Also at home that weekend are: Hoffenheim, Sandhausen, Aalen, Wurzburger Kickers, Dusseldorf, Bochum, Koln, Aachen, and Essen. I'm guessing in these cases tickets will be easier to come by. Has anyone been to any of that lot? Any I should be aiming for/avoiding? Hoping to make 2-3 games over the weekend.

(For reference, I was at home games of Monchengladbach and Mannheim last season - MG was fun if a bit sterile (although the game itself was a cracker) - Mannheim was edgy and authentic. Lower league grounds with an atmosphere would be my preference overall.)

Edited by Adamski

8 hours ago, Adamski said:

Looking at going over for a weekend in November - basing ourselves around either Dusseldorf or Frankfurt. Pick of the bigger games that look relatively accessible are Eintracht v Schalke and Nurnberg v Stuttgart. Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting tickets for these might be?

Also at home that weekend are: Hoffenheim, Sandhausen, Aalen, Wurzburger Kickers, Dusseldorf, Bochum, Koln, Aachen, and Essen. I'm guessing in these cases tickets will be easier to come by. Has anyone been to any of that lot? Any I should be aiming for/avoiding? Hoping to make 2-3 games over the weekend.

(For reference, I was at home games of Monchengladbach and Mannheim last season - MG was fun if a bit sterile (although the game itself was a cracker) - Mannheim was edgy and authentic. Lower league grounds with an atmosphere would be my preference overall.)

Below a summary of the BL1/2 games which are feasible

Dortmund          Bayern                                 No tickets, will also be the Saturday 18:30 game.

Dusseldorf         Hertha                                 Picks itself if in Düsseldorf. Tickets easy to get.

Frankfurt            Schalke                                Will eventually sell out, but should be no problem getting tickets once open sale starts.

Freiburg              Mainz                                   Tickets no problem. Bit of a journey.

Hannover           Wolfsburg                          Tickets no problem. Bit far away, but I’ll buy you a beer.

Hoffenheim       Augsburg                            Tickets no problem, not the greatest of days out.

Nurnberg            Stuttgart                              Should be easy to get tickets, beautiful city.

Bochum               Darmstadt                          If in Düsseldorf then easy to get to and tickets no problem.

FC Koln                 Dresden                              Will sell-out, but if quick in open-sale then should be OK.

Ingolstadt           Bielefeld                             Only for combining with Nüremberg if dates/times match.

Paderborn          Kiel                                        Bit out of the way, but doable. Tickets will be easy to get.

Sandhausen      Duisburg                         Nice enough (if a bit boring) little stadium & town. Tickets easy to get.

As regards Aalen, Würzburg, Aachen & Essen.

Aalen          Never been

Wurzburger Kickers  Very nice town, also tidy stadium

Aachen      OK city, never been for football

Essen          Typical NRW industrial city like Bochum, Dortmund etc. never been for football.

Case of wait & see what the fixture calender comes up with.

Last season the exact dates & times for October through to the 1st week in December were announced 30th August.

Edited by German Jag

On 06/07/2018 at 00:39, Todd_is_God said:

Looking at going to Union Berlin v Dynamo Dresden in October, providing I can get the time off.

Can't do this. Plan B is now Union v Sandhausen in Feb, ideally with either Dynamo Berlin v Chemnitzer or Babelsberg v Berliner AK also

13 hours ago, German Jag said:

Below a summary of the BL1/2 games which are feasible

This is excellent knowledge! Thank you very much for taking the time to go through all that. And if we make it to Hanover then the beers are on us!

Bayner are apparantly about to sign 17 year old Canadian International Alphonso Davies from Vancouver Whitecaps.  He's possibly the most promising young Canadian of his generation and is a regular in the MLS so I hope he doesn't end up going to waste in the Bayern youth setup.  Are any keen followers of German football able to shed some light on how good Bayern is at promoting youth?  From an outsider it seems as though Borussia Dortmund or Schalke have a better reputation than Bayern do but I am not sure. 

I hope this works out well for him, would be amazing to have a world class Canadian who actually plays for Canada

Booked up for the first trip to Hertha in September for the Bayern game. Looks like it could be a long season for the old lady with David Selke out indefinitely with a collapsed lung. The hierarchy have also stated that they won't be signing a replacement and will give youth a chance, which in my opinion is disaster waiting to happen.

On 23/07/2018 at 23:21, Waspy said:

Came across a YouTube channel about a guy ground hopping around Berlin and Europe, absolutely love seeing all the old stadiums in Berlin.

http://youtube.com/andygreenpage

The Alten Försterei is a cracking example of how to modernise an old ground. Also, their expansion plans look absolutely stunning.

Worth remembering also that, prior to the 2006 world cup, the majority of major stadia in Germany had seen no investment since the 1974 World Cup, and they were clearly showing their age. The Waldstadion, Rheinstadion and Müngersdorfer Stadion being prime examples of this.