TV shows you loved when you were a kid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention earlier my all time favourite Glen Micheal's Cartoon Cavalcade, rarely missed it on a Sunday morning.

My mum and dad sent in a birthday card thingy for me one year which he didnt read out, the b*****d !!! Pretty sure he's still alive as well, must be nearing 90

Guy in my class at school got to go on the show for his birthday, the rest of us were seething! My mum then took my wee sister and I to see him in a bingo hall, he was dressed in leopard skin type clothes (from what I can remember... We were so near the back we were practically outside the place!)

Rag, Tag & Bobtail

Deputy Dawg (might not have been a kid when this was on TV)

Top Cat

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

The Flintstones

ETA: Forgot to include Bill & Ben and The Magic Roundabout (the originals)

ETA - just remembered Spatz, the CITV show about the burger restaurant with their big rivals being a chain called "Blimpy" and in no way a reference to Wimpy.

I love you.

One for those of us of a certain age. However, telly only started during the English summer hols in those days and it was a real fest of stuff like Robinson Crusoe, Casey Jones, White Horses, Belle & Sebastian, the Flashing Blade, the Aeronauts and Pink Panther cartoons.

Talking of nostalgia ...

The Double Deckers

The Changes

The Long Chase

Mandog

The Tomorrow People

Tom's Midnight Garden

One for those of us of a certain age. However, telly only started during the English summer hols in those days and it was a real fest of stuff like Robin Crusoe, Casey Jones, White Horses, Belle & Sebastian, the Flashing Blade, the Aeronauts and Pink Panther cartoons.

Spot on. Champion the Wonder Horse as well.

Goosebumps, the deamon headmaster, Thomas the tank engine (primary school obvs), hey Arthur, Rugrats and bad lads army. There must be more but I'm struggling to remember

ETA

Wacky races how could I forget that gem of a show

Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds when they got re-released in the early 90s. Had the Toys, videos, bed sheets the lot ha.

Biker mice from mars, Raw is war, TMNT, Spiderman, batman etc.

Gladiators, Crystal Maze and Fort Boyard were great (Melinda Messenger btw :wub: ) Shooting stars when i was allowed up later.

edit oh and SMTV live canny believe i missed it

One for those of us of a certain age. However, telly only started during the English summer hols in those days and it was a real fest of stuff like Robinson Crusoe, Casey Jones, White Horses, Belle & Sebastian, the Flashing Blade, the Aeronauts and Pink Panther cartoons.

Aye, fond memories, I'm sure we also used to get the Banana Split show as well?

T_K yes I fondly (fondlingly?) remember Magpie

Archived