TV shows you loved when you were a kid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel as though I grew up during a golden age for children's TV. With the way TV watched and how production of things like animated shows has changed it feels like the late 80s and early 90s was a brilliant time to be a kid! I can't be bothered listing the dozens of shows that I would watch almost daily but the fact is, does this generation do what I did and get up really, really early on a Saturday morning to watch all the of the kids shows? Or rush home from school to sit in front of the TV for a couple of hours until the 6 o'clock news came on? TV watching in the 90s involved a great deal of planning and a huge amount of dedication, missing any shows was devastating knowing that there was little chance of getting to see what you had missed.

Spitting Image

Early Neighbours

Shine On Harvey Moon

Alfresco

Saturday Night Live

Swap Shop

Tiswas

Grange Hill

and dozens of others.

One for those of us of a certain age. However, telly only started during the English summer hols in those days and it was a real fest of stuff like Robinson Crusoe, Casey Jones, White Horses, Belle & Sebastian, the Flashing Blade, the Aeronauts and Pink Panther cartoons.

The thing about the shows coinciding with the English school holidays is that I never got to see Crusoe getting off the damned island.

The thing about the shows coinciding with the English school holidays is that I never got to see Crusoe getting off the damned island.

Aye, but I'll bet you can't say 'baobob tree' and not think of it. ;)

Good shout on Battle of the Planets.

Also:

Transformers

Thundercats

Ulysees 31

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Inhumanoids

Centurions

Visionaries

M.A.S.K.

I remember HATING my sister watching Jem... but it did give us Jiz, so can't be all bad.

Archived