question for any electricians.

I have just installed an electric fence, an the damned thing is tripping g the property electric supply when it rains,

Any suggestions on the possible cause never had this issue again.

Dodgy Ground Faulty Interrupter (GFI)? Could be lethal so probably an idea to check it out.

I doubt there's any fault, here: you are probably getting some current to ground, and the earth leakage protection is doing its job. If you can't get a safe level of current that is tolerated by your breaker, then some form of isolation is required - e.g. a battery or an isolating transformer.

Genuine electrician here: what is tripping? Main rcd? Rcbo?

Surely your "electric fence" needs to be fed off a main switch. Either that or your first victim/tresspasser will blow the breaker letting zombie hoardes/cattle into your compound/land????

I hate when the hostages try too escape as well, don't worry. But I've found just chaining them to the radiator is easier than building an electric fence.

I have just installed an electric fence, an the damned thing is tripping g the property electric supply when it rains,

Any suggestions on the possible cause never had this issue again.

:lol:

<laughing emoticon posted, in case the OP is an elaborate wind-up attempt and no one has got the joke so far.>

• 5 months later...

Put an advert on the radio.

I've put a card in the post office door window, mind it caused a bit of a flux because I'd put it over the Chrisymas opening times.

The filthy calls from our dentured community was unbelievable, I had to have a lie down with a strong cuppa & 2 custard creams.

Grimbo