Kelty Hearts 2015/2016

kefc

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised myself. Hasn't gone past a player in the last few times I watched lochee.

Maybe getting played too defensively.

New lease of life at Kelty possibly.

First time I saw Scott was during our win at home to Lochee Utd last season, he was going past players in that match & showed up well in a side that was obviously struggling a wee bit for form.

He looked wasted playing on the left side of defence as he was in our away tie to them in the final game of the season, though circumstances / tactics may have played a part in that?

Like the other new signings Scott will get a chance to show what he has in the locker.

Its a tough school at Kelty, there are no hiding places for players & neither should there be, they train hard, play hard, can party hard as well.

Kelty looking strong again

From the sides that finished top 4 last season.

Kelty Hearts are looking strong on paper though as ever the proof will out as the season progresses.

A lot will depend on how all the players gel & settle into their new environment, (pitch included in that).

Id imagine no one at the club is expecting anything other than a tough campaign ahead for Kelty.

Newtongrange Star have made some superb signings to bolster a squad that suffered badly through injury & suspensions at the business end of last season, they will prove difficult to beat wherever they go.

Linlithgow Rose new manager has a good pedigree, reaching the Scottish Junior Cup final in 2011 with Mussy & arguably having a large part in building the Mussy side that reached last seasons cup final as well. He will attempt to put his own stamp on a team that were a wee bit fragile defensively last season & who perhaps lacked a physical presence in important areas of the pitch. They have reportedly already made an excellent signing in the impressive Colin Leiper from their near neighbours, that should go a long way to shoring up their defence for a start.

The offensive side of the game has never really been a problem for the Rose, expecting them to bounce back much stronger from their first trophyless season in 9 years.

Bo`ness Utd have arguably been the benchmark in the East recently, winning the title on a few occasions, they have brought in Stevie Pittman to the coaching staff who comes with good credentials.

The BU`s are a strong outfit who have pace & strength in the right area`s with the work ethic to go with it.

Losing players of the ability of Murphy Leiper & Anderson would hurt any side though sure they will have another top squad to go to war with come August time once they have finalised their recruitment.

Like the Lithgie they will be looking to put things right on the silverware front this time round.

Any side could emerge from the pack to challenge the 4 teams above, as Kelty did last year.

Another unforgiving season lies ahead, no easy shifts granted at Super League level, any side that dips standards a little on the day can find themselves in trouble very quickly, no matter who they are playing.

Just read that Roger Duffin has retired, cant speak highly enough of the man, a model pro to have around any club, goes out another Super League winners medal to add to his tally, well done Roger, great career to look back on & best wishes for the future.

From the sides that finished top 4 last season.

Kelty Hearts are looking strong on paper though as ever the proof will out as the season progresses.

A lot will depend on how all the players gel & settle into their new environment, (pitch included in that).

Id imagine no one at the club is expecting anything other than a tough campaign ahead for Kelty.

Newtongrange Star have made some superb signings to bolster a squad that suffered badly through injury & suspensions at the business end of last season, they will prove difficult to beat wherever they go.

Linlithgow Rose new manager has a good pedigree, reaching the Scottish Junior Cup final in 2011 with Mussy & arguably having a large part in building the Mussy side that reached last seasons cup final as well. He will attempt to put his own stamp on a team that were a wee bit fragile defensively last season & who perhaps lacked a physical presence in important areas of the pitch. They have reportedly already made an excellent signing in the impressive Colin Leiper from their near neighbours, that should go a long way to shoring up their defence for a start.

The offensive side of the game has never really been a problem for the Rose, expecting them to bounce back much stronger from their first trophyless season in 9 years.

Bo`ness Utd have arguably been the benchmark in the East recently, winning the title on a few occasions, they have brought in Stevie Pittman to the coaching staff who comes with good credentials.

The BU`s are a strong outfit who have pace & strength in the right area`s with the work ethic to go with it.

Losing players of the ability of Murphy Leiper & Anderson would hurt any side though sure they will have another top squad to go to war with come August time once they have finalised their recruitment.

Like the Lithgie they will be looking to put things right on the silverware front this time round.

Any side could emerge from the pack to challenge the 4 teams above, as Kelty did last year.

Another unforgiving season lies ahead, no easy shifts granted at Super League level, any side that dips standards a little on the day can find themselves in trouble very quickly, no matter who they are playing.

I'm looking forward to taking in a few more games than I normally can manage in what to me looks like it could be the strongest Superleague in recent year's. So far Kelty and Newtongrange look to have signed some good looking additions to bolster squads linlithgow are still unknown after the chaos of the last four month's but I would guess it will be a good squad come August Bo'ness will be hurting after last season so close yet so far and the three player's they have lost played a big part in the last two seasons and they will do well to replace them, time will tell.Bonnyrigg are a team I like but haven't heard anything come from them at all Musselburgh have lost a few player's also and might need time to recover and I wouldn't rule out a really strong season from one or two other's so it can only be good for any fan's of junior football. All that for a Fiver.

Just read that Roger Duffin has retired, cant speak highly enough of the man, a model pro to have around any club, goes out another Super League winners medal to add to his tally, well done Roger, great career to look back on & best wishes for the future.

Always liked roger as a player and as a man always took time to speak to the fans All the best

Best wishes to Roger Duffin after reading about his retirement, as good a defender as I've seen in the Juniors and a great player for Bo'ness in his time here. Bowing out as a league winner as well, it doesn't get any better than that!

great organizer in central defence and great spell at Boness

Archived