Game yer most looking forward to...

Fixture lists are out. Which one immediately springs out as one to look forward to?

Booked my holidays to come up for the weekend for the St. Mirren game in November and for a week to see us play Hibs/Rangers in December. So Midden game will be my first game since we won the league and Hibs will be my first at Cappielow since then as well.

If I was still up the road starting away to Easter Road and then a home game v St. Mirren looks like a great way to start the season.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to see us relegated, I genuinely didn't... but if ever there was a decent time to be relegated, this was it. Parachute payments still in place, dispense with long trips to Aberdeen, Dingwall, Inverness.

Hand on heart, another season of looking at the fixtures and thinking 'Hamilton v St Mirren.... St Mirren v Ross County.... ho fcuking hum' did not fill me with enthusiasm for the task ahead. Sevco, Hibs, Morton, Falkirk, Danny's Alloa, recent games against Queens in the cups show them to be a good footballing team too...

So, looking forward to a break from the perennial scrap to avoid finishing bottom, and the 'same old, same old' opponents. Morton games are the ones that come top of the list - competitive league Renfrewshire derbies are back. Hibs and Falkirk both home and away come next. First ever meeting between St Mirren and the Ibrox AllStar Tribute Franchise will be historic, and Danny coming back to Paisley will be good.

Yes, we were utterly shit and it took relegation to freshen things up, and maybe we will be a Championship club for a good few seasons before building a team capable of returning to the top flight, but our season ticket sales are up from last season in good numbers, and with a new manager in place and some deadwood already cleared out, there's already a sense of enthusiasm for the new season. Hell, games might even be at 3pm on Saturdays.

Pretty sure the top flight won't miss us... but I sure as hell won't miss Ross County away on a Tuesday in January.

Hibs away 2nd January!

That's the obvious stand-out fixture for us. Should be a good day. Might even get a couple of thousand travelling, depending on our form.

Opening game of the season against Livi should be interesting too. See if McKinnon has any more luck than previous managers against our bogey team.

St. Mirren games probably. Haven't played them in a while and we were pumped rotten when we did. I expect it'll be a bit closer this time round...hopefully. Added edge with Murray being their gaffer too with him seemingly not leaving in the most humble of ways.

St. Mirren games probably. Haven't played them in a while and we were pumped rotten when we did. I expect it'll be a bit closer this time round...hopefully. Added edge with Murray being their gaffer too with him seemingly not leaving in the most humble of ways.

This ^

Nae idea why but I'm absolutely chokin to get one over on Murray. He acted like a bit of a dick over his departure, moaned about not affording our players, the dourness etc. All small and petty, but that's what fitba is all about. f**k you Ian Murray :lol:

Looking forward to seeing St Mirren back at Palmerston

Also the Rangers/Hibs games at home are still a bit of a novelty

Enjoy a run to Stranraer to watch the likes of Ayr/Dunfermline/Airdrie

Enjoy Annan Ath for a few pints in the shed and if Annan are playing Clyde the train back to Dumfries is normally bouncing with Clyde fans who are Great Craic (i once got the train back from watching Carlisle Utd when Clyde were at Annan and within five minutes of leaving Annan i had been offered by Clyde fans one can of cider, one can of lager, one pork pie and a cheese sandwich).

Would like to put in a Morton/St Mirren derby this year

Most of all looking forward to Queens v Rangers in the quarter final of the play offs again or another non old firm cup final

Archived