Darvel Juniors 2015/16.

alandinho999

Expecting big things from a young Darvel side this year. With no money bag teams(exception of Girvan, potentially), I expect them to get promoted definitely and even maybe, win the league.

How's the squad looking? Everyone resigned? New players? Players not signing/released?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched darvel a few times last season darvel will be lucky to finish in the top four very lucky in a lot of games winning 3 2 against Dalry and whittlets at home 2 1 against muirkirk and drawing away to craigmark to many players not good enough especially in defence

I watched darvel a few times last season darvel will be lucky to finish in the top four very lucky in a lot of games winning 3 2 against Dalry and whittlets at home 2 1 against muirkirk and drawing away to craigmark to many players not good enough especially in defence

. So full defence are shite ??

Regarding defence, Darvel conceded the 4th least amount of goals in the league, around 15-20 of the goals against came against the powerhouses, Kilwinning and Ardrossan.

Other than they games, their defence has been solid throughout. Darvel didn't score any near as much as what the top 5 did.

However, I'm led to believe they have a strong relationship with each other in the changing room, and all players/staff are determined to make the pish for promotion. I have a good feeling they will do it, and know where I'm putting my money come the season starting.

Darvel were a decent side last season not sure if they will get promoted though but they will definitely be up there challenging.

As for Big money teams I wouldn't say Girvan has a lot of money just a good manager who may get the players in to challenge for promotion.

We'll be hoping to mount a challenge this year and I'm sure Rikki will give it his best shot.

If what I'm hearing that Henderson and Ryan are off to Irvine vics then I can't see much of a promotion push from Darvel.

If it's true they would be missed but the same could be said for most of the team wouldn't affect league position imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How's Dougie Robertson been looking in pre season? Watched him a lot at Tiber last 2 years and knew him for years , excellent player IF he stays on the park ! Needs to keep his cool or he becomes a liability to be honest . But at his best he's a game changer and excellent Player.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived