Official Clydebank 15/16 Thread

BankieBear

Why are the mighty Talbot fans so infuriated by the comments a few a Bankies fans? You won, well done. Penalties against 10 men from the division below. Not caring if you had your under 17s out to be honest. Enjoy the next round.

Not really annoyed with fans coming on to comment but you have to expect we will argue our case as all fans do.

You don't get to be a winning team with our fans and accept every silly comment. Talbot won the game fair and square could have been by a country mile if that young goalkeeper wasnt in goals today. Teams will always up their game against us as it's the natural progression of being the best. It's maintaining that position is what makes it more remarkable.

Some might say they are not be the team of a few years ago but we still get the results when needed.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bankies were better team today first half, in particular first 35 played some great football and could have been 2/3, Allan had a couple good chances as well as little and holms got a goal disallowed for a tight offside call. Being down to 10 clearly changed the game but still were able to look dangerous on the break. Encouraging signs especially when you take into account the average age of the squad

Gutted I missed the game as we looked good especially in first half. Stupid yellow cards for joel. Need 2 practice our pens some shockers n there. Josh had an excellent game. Take this into our league games and we'll be ok

Mon the papers

Bankies played well today and obviously uped their game facing talbot in a cup tie.yes use had a couple of chances in the first half.not taking anything away from your keepers(man of the match) performance but credit is due to our keepers save in the first 45.these two kept the score at 0 0.

Second half,too many cooks at the back.bit of pinball with the ball breaking to shanks who expertly rounded the keeper.1 nil.bad defending.

Your big striker stupidly got booked for petulance,throwing the ball into the ground because a decision didn't go his way and a few minutes latter for a challenge 9 out of 10 players would have made.but not on a booking! bad decision.at this stage I didn't think there was a goal in clydebank but fair dues,10 men need to take their chances at set pieces and they did.bad defending.

So the game was mostly about keepers,saves,mistakes

and stupidity being the talking points and not the quality of the football.

Was impressed with Clydebank and hope you come up. First half you were definitely the better team. Second half we upped the anti. Be proud of your teams performance, however when you say we were nothing special then that takes a lot away from your showing. To me it reads as if you couldn't beat a poor Talbot team with the state of your rantings. Young Josh was outstanding I actually stayed back to applaud him of the pitch.

Us getting pumped out the Scottish by Hurlford on a dodgy playing field was an injustice but we move on :-D

:-D I'm genuinely curious as to why John thinks that though. I wasn't there but it does look offside to me.

I was almost in line and think that Holmsy was mibbee a foot off. The lino got most right for 1st hour or so then he inexplicably decided he would be 10 yards off the pace and miss 3 or 4 blatant offsides. Luckily it didn't come to anything - partly because of Josh's heroics.

We were on top in 1st half but the red card meant we were on back foot in second and Talbot were dominant after that. Altho if Bubba had found Nicky free in the middle then we could've "Nicked" it :)

I was almost in line and think that Holmsy was mibbee a foot off. The lino got most right for 1st hour or so then he inexplicably decided he would be 10 yards off the pace and miss 3 or 4 blatant offsides. Luckily it didn't come to anything - partly because of Josh's heroics.

We were on top in 1st half but the red card meant we were on back foot in second and Talbot were dominant after that. Altho if Bubba had found Nicky free in the middle then we could've "Nicked" it :)

Mmmmhhhaaa what game where you watching? Obviously not the game at Beechwood yesterday.

Did you attend the Cumnock v Buffs game instead maybe? :-D

:-D I'm genuinely curious as to why John thinks that though. I wasn't there but it does look offside to me.

left back for Talbot plays him on in my opinion, when initial shot was hit Holmes looks like he's on. Can't tell for sure, but to me that's the case. But these things happen in football.

Archived