Religious street vendors

I have lived in Stirling all of my 28 years and have no idea what you are talking about regarding these 'god stalls' are you sure these aren't what most people call churches ?

you get one guy at Argos, one along outside New look, and occasionally the wee band stand at the bottom of King street and that's it.

hardly plagued by all these street vendors that is being claimed.

They seem to have started "converting" on the covered walkway between the railway station and the bus station in recent weeks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anywhere you see the little table advertising a free stress test. That's Scientology. Pretty much the only free thing they'd give you.

Isn't that auditing?Where they work out how many aliens are plaguing your life?

saw the jehovas outside buchanan bus station, just told them i was going to donate blood so i could save a life. they didnt know where to look

As always, the invitation to a coffee and a blood transfusion gets them running.

Don't know how it compares to other places but the jehovas witness folk are almost always out in Stirling when i'm in the town, generally a wee stall either outside Santander or along a wee bit near nero, also seen them down by the station. As for buskers there's the romanian fellows who play accordian quite a lot, the boy with his bongo drum, the old guy with the banjo and a couple of guitar players you see fairly regulalry, I suppose it all comes down how many street performers etc make a plaugue... All of the above are preferable to chuggers, however.

Quite.

The BTH clown has made an utter fool of himself here. Which is generally the case when morons try the "I've lived here since Jeebus was in short trousers and I've never...."

The old boy who plays the drum thing (not the cheery bongos guy) - I've never yet made out a word he "sings". They all seem to have the same "drums in the deep" tune though.

if I remember when I venture out 5 minutes from my door on a wild adventure to the big smoke that is striling town centre, I will have a wee swatch, just for you huni xox

Don't think I really need you confirming what is already known. Thanks all the same petal.

Still, if it makes you less likely to try the P&B hero route and humiliate yourself again next time, it might have some sort of purpose.

Don't think I really need you confirming what is already known. Thanks all the same petal.

Still, if it makes you less likely to try the P&B hero route and humiliate yourself again next time, it might have some sort of purpose.

dafuq??

utter fool ? hero route ? humiliate ? moron ? clown ? all because I said I have lived here all my life and never noticed the town being plagued ?

you really are a strange person. would hate to see the state of your bib if someone actually said something offensive towards you ya complete wallop!!

dafuq??

utter fool ? hero route ? humiliate ? moron ? clown ? all because I said I have lived here all my life and never noticed the town being plagued ?

you really are a strange person. would hate to see the state of your bib if someone actually said something offensive towards you ya complete wallop!!

You seem rattled. Calm down love.

Interesting that you're seeking to shift the goalposts from your original claim that these Goddist stalls didn't exist, once you were pointed at and laughed at, to now slithering off into some quantitative chat about how many of them count as a plague.

Hope this has been a lesson for you

They're not there all the time. I live in the town and use the train station to get to work - only see them a couple of times a week.

Yes, I know. They weren't there today for example.

Plague:

an unusually large number of insects or animals infesting a place and causing damage

Hope this has been a lesson for you

Please be specific about the posters pointing and laughing. No wonder no one likes you.

Noticing a worrying increase in fucknuggets polluting the streets of our most beautiful cities handing out shite like "The watchtower: Is the end near?"

Any P&Bers spend their spare time handing out such publications?

Nothing wrong with a bit of Jimi Hendrix...

...bless you all

There's the guy who carves a dog out of sand

I'm highly suspicious of that c**t. I've seen him three, maybe four times, and on each occasion he's at an advanced stage of the sculpture process. Which makes me stroke my chin and narrow my eyes somewhat.

That boy is fucking at it, H_B.

I have two theories on the matter.

The first is that he's turning up with that sand dog sculpture already complete and is making a show of adding the finishing touches like he's been working on it all day. Like he built it from scratch. I'm almost certain he hasn't. Like I said, he's always putting the finishing touches on the thing and never in the process of building it. It's just a wee bit too convenient, ken? Think about it. Stroke your chin in unison with me, brother.

Theory number two is a little outlandish, but I think you have the eggs to entertain it.

It's an actual dog covered in sand. It's the boy's pet pooch. He's sedated it, covered it in adhesive and rolled it around in sand before taking it to the streets and abusing the public's sense of wonder in the hope it will result in spare coins being thrown his way. Which is exactly what is happening. That boy is rich beyond the wildest dreams of yer standard busker. I've seen actual two pound coins in his collection basket. The dog does not move a muscle because it's right off its chops, and for all intents and purposes appears to be made of sand. The public has been duped worse than 9/11 or the promise of halfway decent singing at a Stone Roses reunion gig.

Note that the "artiste" doesn't sculpt anything but well chilled looking dogs. I'll be the first to hold my hands up if he starts knocking out sand goats, pigs or Darren Jacksons, but until then I remain unconvinced of the legitimacy of his supposed talent.

Boy's fucking at it, H_B. I'm absolutely sure of it.

It's a mould. You watch that guy, I bet every time you see him it will be the exact same dog. These guys are everywhere. Why do they only do the same dug? Why's it never a horse, a tardis or a Bugatti Veron?

Stirling residents will be delighted to know that the God Squad are out in force today, with a stall on the recovered path across from the station.

BTH - you can have a lovely conversation with them about how not only does God not exist, but neither do they!

Compared to the PPI mob and the "have you had an accident?" types who seem to be infesting every shopping mall, I'd have the religious types any day. You have to admire the bollocks on the guys who stand on a box in the likes of Sauchiehall Street and give it full pelters with their "message".

• 4 months later...

Few of these religious cumguzzlers have set up a stall very close to my flat.

Phoning my team to organise a new flat ASAP

First (and probably last) time in my life I will feel sorry for sky fairy fuckwits.

Archived