EOS Qualifying Cup 2015-16

HibeeJibee

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gretna seem to be a bit of a mess at the moment- I mean Gala were fairly decent last week but I didn't see that one coming..

At 120 mins I did see our inevitable penalty shootout heartbreak coming- oh well, good luck to Kilby in the competition then. :(

Gretna seem to be a bit of a mess at the moment- I mean Gala were fairly decent last week but I didn't see that one coming..

At 120 mins I did see our inevitable penalty shootout heartbreak coming- oh well, good luck to Kilby in the competition then. :(

Can't believe City were awarded another 5 penalties. Its becoming a joke!!!!!

City maybe need to practice shoot-outs.

Their last 9...

Sat 8 Nov 2003, Scottish Qualifying Cup South Final (at Forthbank)

Edinburgh City 1-1 Spartans (2-4p)

Sun 8 May 2005, Scottish Qualifying Cup South Final (at Easter Road)

Whitehill Welfare 0-0 Edinburgh City (4-3p)

[unknown] 2005-06, EOS Qualifying Cup R3

Lothian Thistle 0-0 Edinburgh City (4-3p)

[unknown] 2006-07, EOS Qualifying Cup R3

Kelso United 1-1 Edinburgh City (4-2p)

[unknown] 2007-08, South Challenge Cup R4

Threave Rovers 1-1 Edinburgh City (2-3p)

Tue 24 Feb 2015, EOS Qualifying Cup SF

Leith Athletic 2-2 Edinburgh City (3-1p)

Sat 16 May 2015, SPFL2 Playoff SF 2nd leg

Brora Rangers 1-1 Edinburgh City [2-2] (3-1p)

Sat 27 Jul 2015, SPFL Challenge Cup R1

Edinburgh City 0-0 Queen’s Park (1-3p)

Sat 23 Jan 2016, EOS Qualifying Cup R3

Edinburgh City 0-0 East Kilbride (2-4p)

City maybe need to practice shoot-outs.

Their last 9...

Sat 8 Nov 2003, Scottish Qualifying Cup South Final (at Forthbank)

Edinburgh City 1-1 Spartans (2-4p)

Sun 8 May 2005, Scottish Qualifying Cup South Final (at Easter Road)

Whitehill Welfare 0-0 Edinburgh City (4-3p)

[unknown] 2005-06, EOS Qualifying Cup R3

Lothian Thistle 0-0 Edinburgh City (4-3p)

[unknown] 2006-07, EOS Qualifying Cup R3

Kelso United 1-1 Edinburgh City (4-2p)

[unknown] 2007-08, South Challenge Cup R4

Threave Rovers 1-1 Edinburgh City (2-3p)

Tue 24 Feb 2015, EOS Qualifying Cup SF

Leith Athletic 2-2 Edinburgh City (3-1p)

Sat 16 May 2015, SPFL2 Playoff SF 2nd leg

Brora Rangers 1-1 Edinburgh City [2-2] (3-1p)

Sat 27 Jul 2015, SPFL Challenge Cup R1

Edinburgh City 0-0 Queen’s Park (1-3p)

Sat 23 Jan 2016, EOS Qualifying Cup R3

Edinburgh City 0-0 East Kilbride (2-4p)

in your face Threave Rovers! :huh::blink::1eye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well...no one else seems to want to post about it but the semi-final went ahead at Ainslie Park last Wednesday with Spartans beating GFR 2-1 with an injury time winner. Whilst Spartans are a good side and created lots of chances I thought Gala played some great football at times and were unlucky not to take the game into extra-time.

Well...no one else seems to want to post about it but the semi-final went ahead at Ainslie Park last Wednesday with Spartans beating GFR 2-1 with an injury time winner. Whilst Spartans are a good side and created lots of chances I thought Gala played some great football at times and were unlucky not to take the game into extra-time.

I'm still working on the footage.

Grimbo

I couldn't make the game but keep looking here for some rundown but seems to be radio silence for some reason. Hardly any chat in the Evening News either. Look forward to the highlights seen as no one wants to talk about it

A big turning point in the game came in 74 minutes when the normally reliable Stuart Noble was through one on one with Blair Carsewell but the keeper saved well. The ball went up the other end and sub Jack Beesley fired Spartans ahead. A sublime chip from substitute Ross Lamb brought Gala level and we were confident we could go on and win the game however, Horribine did well to make space for himself and fire home the winner in injury time. Gutting for Gala but the team played well. We've had some great results in the FN Cup this season..beating University of Stirling, Leith Athletic (with 9 men) and hammering Gretna down there before making it to within a minute or two of extra time at Ainslie Park. If we could take that form into the league we'd soon climb the table...just need a run of consistent form, cut out the silly mistakes and get some luck on the injury front so that Steven Noble can field his strongest 11 on a regular basis. I don't think we've started the same XI twice this season.

Hard at this level when there are work and holiday commitments to take into account but from what I've seen in a couple of games Gala seem to be a decent outfit. Squad needed to cope with lack of availability and looking at results Gala would seem to have coped about as well as anyone which given location/catchment is quite impressive. Lack of consistency a problem for most teams it would appear but Gala look pretty safe so should be free to express themselves and climb up

Archived