Rangers v St Mirren

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-0 The Gers.

I don't think the scoreline will be as high as that! :)

I'm guessing the visitors will try to sit back and frustrate Rangers. Probably 2-0 with two second half goals. Waghorn first goalscorer.

I'm guessing the visitors will try to sit back and frustrate Rangers. Probably 2-0 with two second half goals. Waghorn first goalscorer.

Considering we only have effectively one striker, you're probably right. Hoping we can sneak something, would be happy with a draw.

Not entirely fussed about who comes out on top.

So if Saints win you'll not be that bothered?...... You'll not be on here giving it the "Yasss, The Rangers are pish!"? :) Aye, okay.

Or if Saints lose 6-0 you'll just shrug it off and use the "game didn't matter. It's the matches against the other teams that will define our season" excuse?....

You could well be right as in the first couple of games it's taken Rangers near to half time to score. Though Smith was the only reason it did not happen on Sunday. Nice to see him back. In theory most would say this is Rangers 2nd biggest rival. I do think there are lots of goals in the team even the bench on Sunday was mostly attacking players.

Not that confident about getting a result here, I think The Rangers have looked decent in their opening two games.

Although they only beat Peterhead 3-0 on Sunday did they not have 30 odd attempts on goal? They obviously offer a real threat going forward and with our vastly inexperienced defence they should win the game quite comfortably.

If this game was a couple of weeks down the line when we have the other 5 players we're supposedly signing then I may have felt a tad more confident.

Regardless of what may happen, I'll be there and looking forward to the season getting underway.

I'd say if any of the sides get hammered, I'll have a good laugh at them. Like I laughed at Hibs when you put six past them. Feel free to continue working yourself into a frenzy over it though.

I think - in true pundit fashion - he's got it spectacularly wrong by making the assumption you're a St. Mirren fan.

I think - in true pundit fashion - he's got it spectacularly wrong by making the assumption you're a St. Mirren fan.

Wait a minute.

Are you suggesting that thepundit is wrong and has made a complete arse of himself?

I'm not having that.

I was relatively optimised before our game against Wednesday - we started well enough passing the ball about nicely but we currently have zero cutting edge and our defence and goalie are extremely suspect. The manager and the fans all know we need a couple of strikers, a couple of defenders and a goalie - whether we get them or not is another matter.

The new left back Conlan looks a total liability, Cameron Howieson has shown nothing either since signing in midfield, hopefully both these guys are just currently not at match fitness.

The manager and the fans all know we need a couple of strikers, a couple of defenders and a goalie - whether we get them or not is another matter.

It's a persistent flaw of the transfer window that it overlaps the playing season. Shouldn't be the case at all, IMO. It definitely stitches up the teams like ours that are, let's face it, feeding off scraps.

Also, and this is an extreme example, but what if we do some remarkable business on the last day of the transfer window? A Sutton/Adam-type deal? It's given Rangers (and our other, earlier opponents) an unfair advantage as they have played us at a point when we have a weaker squad.

Obviously all teams are affected in the same way, but it's a shit system.

It's a persistent flaw of the transfer window that it overlaps the playing season. Shouldn't be the case at all, IMO. It definitely stitches up the teams like ours that are, let's face it, feeding off scraps.

Also, and this is an extreme example, but what if we do some remarkable business on the last day of the transfer window? A Sutton/Adam-type deal? It's given Rangers (and our other, earlier opponents) an unfair advantage as they have played us at a point when we have a weaker squad.

Obviously all teams are affected in the same way, but it's a shit system.

Yeah, this game is coming far too early for us. From what I've seen from both teams there is no way Rangers aren't going to score against our defence and keeper. To be fair they looked a bit ropey at the back against Hibs, but nowhere near as brittle as we've looked, and with the pace and directness they showed against Hibs, I think we'll struggle to live with that unfortunately.

Archived