Troon FC 2015/16

Troon Portland

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any truth that Mr kirkwood is taking a step back and Neil Duffy is taking over as coach/manager?

No truth at all.

Jimmy Kirkwood has done a fantastic job as Manager of Troon FC and still has many ambitions he still wants to achieve with the club, he isn't going anywhere.

Neil Duffy has stepped up to join our Junior team coaching staff after wining every trophy possible last season with our all conquering Under-19 side. Given almost all of his squad are now over-age and some have signed for Junior clubs, it seemed the natural time for Neil to step-up. Given his experience as a player & a UEFA qualified coach, we're really excited to have him in the dugout helping Jimmy, Gordon Burns & Andy Smyth next season.

Not many stronger coaching teams than that in Junior football!!

www.troonfc.com/

I do not see the fuss in the boy chappy!? I think he is majorly overrated. Will probably struggle to get a game now with Spence and McKnight signed IMO.

Chappy was possibly the best central midfielder in the ADL the year we got promoted, then got written off ahead of our Super League First season. He raised his game & was one of our best players when we won the league, but was again written off as an ADL player in the Premier last summer. Again he raised his game and more than matched anything thrown at him last season, and still you see things like this.

Not sure what the lad has to do to get the recognition he deserves. Been a fantastic servant for Troon, one of our most consistent players & I can't wait to see him partner Colin Spence.

www.troonfc.com/

Archived