Troon FC 2015/16

Troon Portland

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Troon are very much looking forward to playing us again, two entertaining good games and tempo to them.

Chance for revenge also.

I think Troon missed the big defender at the back Saturday Dean? .

Not most mobile but good reading and great striker of the ball.

The big skin headed chap is a decent defender but didn't look comfortable with ball at his feet or people running at him.

Chap with beard also looked a very accomplished defender as did the stocky rb.

As ever Mon the famous rabs!!

Today reminded me I don't go to the juniors enough and certainly don't watch my (current) home town team enough. Cracking cup tie won by a superb goal in a real community club atmosphere. Restored my faith in football after a scunnering night watching Saints last night. Fingers crossed for a favorable draw and hopefully I can get to the next round match. Nice bunch from Boness, travelling support was good today and boiz on the train were very fair in their summing up. Life seems better tonight.

Thanks TFW and the Bo'ness support were a pleasure to have today.

Main point for me was seeing 19 yr old Morgan Brown at left back scoring the equaliser. He was our u19 captain last season and lives within walking distance of Portland Park. His reaction was priceless and it was a proud moment for all of us in the coaching team.

Thanks TFW and the Bo'ness support were a pleasure to have today.

Main point for me was seeing 19 yr old Morgan Brown at left back scoring the equaliser. He was our u19 captain last season and lives within walking distance of Portland Park. His reaction was priceless and it was a proud moment for all of us in the coaching team.

Congratulations Troon, got the result .boness should have killed game early on and in the second half before the referee stepped in to lend a hand.great free kick to win the game but was from non existent free kick.

We should have killed game bit left door open for the referee to influence the game which he has a history in our games in recent years,.

However you took advantage of the situation and put the ball in the net which is what matters,

Great ground and set up

Good luck in cup

Bit harsh I think considering we dominated the second half. Some wastefulness in front of goal could have seen us level or ahead sooner. Best Bo'ness chance in second half was when the boy hit the post and we were glad it fell back to our player.

Ref was picky for both teams, thought the foul for the sending off was rash and genuinely left stud marks on our player's thigh, although I don't he set out to hurt the boy.

Great result for us and what a goal to seal it. Bo'ness always a quality side and must have been one of the favourites for the cup. All the best for the rest of the season!

Archived