Troon FC 2015/16

Troon Portland

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see the problem here , player had a change of heart decided to play on for the biggest junior club in Scotland,

He was a free agent ,

Troon are building a strong squad this season , exciting times for club , best just to move on ...

Don't see the problem here , player had a change of heart decided to play on for the biggest junior club in Scotland,He was a free agent , Troon are building a strong squad this season , exciting times for club , best just to move on ...

Agreed and I can't see anything underhand at all from Talbot as knowing them over the years their committee are as straight as they come and tucker appears to be the same .

Just sounds like the player has thought of retiring and tucker has heard of it and talked him round to rejoining his old club.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril COTM

Troon are a cracking bunch behind the scenes too and kirkwood the manager seems like a really decent guy as well to deal with.

This is probably just an unfortunate episode that's maybe went off the scale a bit, Troon will be a force next year for sure and seem to be shaping up really well .

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril COTM

Oooh what a stramash... The biggest cringe is Mr G coming on like a psycho soccer mom! Proper Beamer for David I'm sure...

I'd say Troon were pretty entitled to be a bit miffed as it would look like they could've been mislead as to DG's intentions. However that's football, players move on and the world doesn't stop turning.

It could turn out to be a good thing for Troon as they will have to play a different way and not rely on DG's goals, they have 3 good young forwards and Spence to build attacking partnerships with.

There's definitely gonna be plenty football and goals in this new look Troon side. Really looking forward to the new season

David Gillies character and integrity can never ever be questioned.

Troon have every right to be annoyed at losing their Talisman for free to another Premier League side.

Please now can we move on and talk about Troon 15/16 like the thread says?

The whole thing is unfortunate but a storm in a teacup in my opinion.

David Gillies honoured his contract with Troon and was free to do as he wanted whether that was retire or join another team. Troon knew he was leaving and had time to plan accordingly.

He won't play every week at Talbot and maybe that was the attraction at this stage of his career.

Deano, as a player you can't try to silence fans who want to discuss issues be it Troon fans or fans of another club.

Admirable as your intentions may be that's the difference between fans and a player.

Whether DG acted in good faith or not, in the fans eyes it stinks (and the managers) and as fans have every right to discuss it on this open forum.

Davie intended to retire but obviously changed his mind. We were losing him either way but hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt us, being the prolific scorer that he is. Davie is a gentleman, a hard worker and a terrific player and I for one wish him all the best and look forward to coming up against him.

Davie intended to retire but obviously changed his mind. We were losing him either way but hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt us, being the prolific scorer that he is. Davie is a gentleman, a hard worker and a terrific player and I for one wish him all the best and look forward to coming up against him.

Gav :- He is your old team mate. Now with McKnight,and Spenny, joining, will you be assured of a place. :lol::lol:

If you've got nothing else but slag off troon then stay this thread every player is showing respect by troon but apparently you seem to know better so you care to justify your accusations by stating what players are being does respected by troon

Gav :- He is your old team mate. Now with McKnight,and Spenny, joining, will you be assured of a place. :lol::lol:

Not sure what this is about but unless they decide to play centre half, don't think I'm competing directly with them. Never assured of a place though so will fight for it same as ever!

Probably pissed off because they were payin him far more than anyone knew :(

I'm glad that you put a wee puzzled face at the end of that statement. "Far more than anyone knew". I think you jumped out of bed too quick this morning Lugar C. A wee bit dizzy maybe??

Not sure what this is about but unless they decide to play centre half, don't think I'm competing directly with them. Never assured of a place though so will fight for it same as ever!

Can't believe you are biting Gav!!

Just had a read at this thread and was interested to see the comments about Chappie. Having played with and against some of the best midfielders the West juniors have had to offer I have to say Chappie has all the qualities to be up there. If I was a premier manager he would be on my wish list no doubt. I'm not saying he's the finished article but I have seen him close hand get better and better the last few seasons and I think he has more to come.

With regards Gillies at his age he probably was retiring thinking enough was enough until Talbot came calling and who would blame him. But I don't get all the fuss , he was out of contract, free to go elsewhere and could have just told Troon he wasn't signing again if he had known of their interest prior to his announcement. If he had a year to go and negotiated a "free" to sign with say a smaller team then fair enough but it wasn't. Blown all out of proportion IMO

Archived