Troon FC 2015/16

Troon Portland

Thought we'd start a thread for Troon FC for this season, and we've got some great news to start us off!

We are delighted to announce the signing tonight of Colin Spence from Auchinleck Talbot and Sean McKenna from Beith, both of whom are two big players Manager Jimmy Kirkwood has been after for a while & I'm sure will be keen to get started with their new team.

Welcome to Portland lads!!

More on our website: http://troonfc.com/news

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin Spence is just what was needed in our team, a bit of know how to pick apart the better teams. Think him an Chappy will be quite a pair in the midfield. Don't know much about the boy McKenna, anyone tell me what he's like?

Real pity Gillies is leaving just as we find a midfielder to serve him but he wasn't the player he has been last season so maybe for the best. Good luck to him tho, did well for us. Same goes for Wilson. Good young player.

McKenna's as strong as an ox, great with his back to goal and can stick them away for fun. It didn't work out for him at Beith but I don't think it was anything to do with him.

Maybe the Beith lads can add to that.

Just never happened for him at Beith, always looked a great player against us for Shotts but never looked the same player at Beith, wasn't always in the team as his form didn't warrant it , didn't look fit chances were hard to come by in the games and when they did he never took enough of them, major disappointment at Beith to be honest but no doubt he's a talented player.

McKenna's as strong as an ox, great with his back to goal and can stick them away for fun. It didn't work out for him at Beith but I don't think it was anything to do with him.

Maybe the Beith lads can add to that.

Agree with all you say other than the last bit ?

If it wasn't anything to do with him then was it his stunt double who took to the field?

Sean is a very good player though and best wishes to him at Troon .

Troon building a strong spine to the team. With Dean Keenan and Gavin Collins in central defence, Colin Spence in the middle of the park and Sean McKenna leading the line. A lot of experience there which will really benefit the squad which is filled with good young players. Well done to the management team.

Agree with all you say other than the last bit ?

If it wasn't anything to do with him then was it his stunt double who took to the field?

Sean is a very good player though and best wishes to him at Troon .

Sorry lads, I didn't realise his form had dipped with you. I misread the situation. I shouldn't have commented on a Beith matter when I wasn't aware of the full facts.

Sorry lads, I didn't realise his form had dipped with you. I misread the situation. I shouldn't have commented on a Beith matter when I wasn't aware of the full facts.

No worries mate and you are entitled to your opinion.

You've watched Sean for longer than ourselves and you will know more about the player than Beith fans .

How many junior teams has Sean played for?

I can think of Camelon , girvan , bellshill ,Petershill, shotts ,Beith and now Troon .

Think he's only 28 so still plenty of football left in him .

Two good signings. Spence is what we have needed for a couple seasons.

Mckenna looked good when at Shotts. Hopefully we get the best out of him.

Best of luck to Gilles on his retirement. Gave good service to Troon and a barrel load of goals. Good luck to the other players moving on.

No worries mate and you are entitled to your opinion.

You've watched Sean for longer than ourselves and you will know more about the player than Beith fans .

How many junior teams has Sean played for?

I can think of Camelon , girvan , bellshill ,Petershill, shotts ,Beith and now Troon .

Think he's only 28 so still plenty of football left in him .

I reckon you have all his teams covered mate, still a youngster at 28. He carried us for a season virtually, great commitment from the wee guy. Nothing but praise for him.

To put it into perspective for you,...Sean McKenna (at the age of 28) is slower than Sal McKenna was at the age of 48.

Still think it's a good bit of business by Troon though, 'cos it's got to be worth a punt that the lad can regain some of the form that he's shown in the past.

And every team needs a bloke like Spence in the team, so there's definitely some smashing players heading for Portland next season.

Interesting times ahead.

Archived