Ladeside 15/16 thread

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty time to get more players ...trialists for pre season friendlys & a few targets in mind .

Half of last seasons players will be playing against us every other week.

Start of last season saw a few impress as trialists ..

Like to see a good winger & another big experienced forward to help the two youngsters up front.

When you are a Super League team this should no be happening every season...using the Ardagh to get ready for the league...utter shite.

Sorry.....but i thought we would have learnt our lesson from past seasons leaving it late on the signings,and getting off to a poor start.......not the level from Ladeside we expect !!!!!

I must admit I think it is knocking on in terms of getting bodies in.pre season is where a team is made so ideally u would have your team together for it starting.you also have to ask where are these players we are looking to sign after watching them in games doing their pre season training as it is a massive part of a how a players season will shape up.

Lol couldn't resist that one after yours last night on our own thread. :)

I'm sure you will get guys in soon and it will be 5 or 6 before you know it,usually no news is good news and then bang it's positive news in one swoop .

Hopefully, would just prefer to be in a better position. We don't even have 11 signed players yet.

Hopefully, would just prefer to be in a better position. We don't even have 11 signed players yet.

I've seen it loads over the years with ourselves when people stop you on the street and are a bit worried regarding not hearing of any activity and think because they aren't hearing about it then it means the management arent bothering .

It's probably best not knowing as it means the management/officials are keeping things close to their chest to avoid rivals from stealing players from under your noses.

Just my experience of things although I agree in that I hate how the Ardagh gets used as trial games as it makes a mockery of it at times.

Sancho, am not having a dig at anybody. Just think a club as well know as Ladeside should have the squad more or less signed up by now. We waited last season n look what we got.

I think it's interesting to contrast the different approach by Beith and Ladeside this summer. In my view Ciaran was a player Beith could I'll afford to miss out on but they did and a fit DA is a tremendous asset in the top league. I don't think Beith have signed anyone of that quality - although their new goalie is a topper - but have instead bulked up on younger players who will need to develop fast and a couple of experienced mids that they sorely needed. Without wishing to sound at all harsh Ladeside will pick up 4 or 5 younger boys equivalent in standard to what Beith have done so by the time August comes round they should be pretty well matched. About 10 premier players always come on the market when squads are trimmed after the league cup sectionals. I fear Ladeside might struggle for goals where Beith might struggle for clean sheets. We have to assume that Beith are going to convert a couple of midfielders to defensive duties. Both teams have one big miss in common - a strong centre forward. Where's Millser when you need him.

I think it's interesting to contrast the different approach by Beith and Ladeside this summer. In my view Ciaran was a player Beith could I'll afford to miss out on but they did and a fit DA is a tremendous asset in the top league. I don't think Beith have signed anyone of that quality - although their new goalie is a topper - but have instead bulked up on younger players who will need to develop fast and a couple of experienced mids that they sorely needed. Without wishing to sound at all harsh Ladeside will pick up 4 or 5 younger boys equivalent in standard to what Beith have done so by the time August comes round they should be pretty well matched. About 10 premier players always come on the market when squads are trimmed after the league cup sectionals. I fear Ladeside might struggle for goals where Beith might struggle for clean sheets. We have to assume that Beith are going to convert a couple of midfielders to defensive duties. Both teams have one big miss in common - a strong centre forward. Where's Millser when you need him.

Agreed and think that we will be having a good few 6-5 , 4-3 games etc next season with Beith. :)

What more can you ask for with only a £6 admission fee. :)

What do you reckon as a Beith fan . ?;)

Archived