Yet another US shooting

31 minutes ago, Pete Rockwell said:

With what you posted earlier, I assumed you were a WUM. Do you really see Dailywire as an appropriate source of fact on a discussion like this and I want to know what your benchmark for being black is?

The politics board is still waiting on hearing which six civilisations have been destroyed by homosexuality. I wouldn't expect a reasonable answer.

33 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The politics board is still waiting on hearing which six civilisations have been destroyed by homosexuality. I wouldn't expect a reasonable answer.

Dundee has to be one of them.

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I'd imagine the cop is agitated cause he has just killed someone.

f**k knows why the lassie isn't getting worked up. She seems more interested in becoming Facebook famous.
I'd be full scale tears and snotters and wouldn't be thinking it's time for a selfie.

I think this accurately sums up how it's hard to empathise with the experiences of black Americans.

If she's acted as you suggest she'd be dead as well.

Part of it is also that they are far too trigger happy and escalate their use of force for the slightest thing.

That just sounds like the American populations mindset in general so no idea why people find it such a surprise that it's affects the law enforcement mindset.

2 hours ago, Pete Rockwell said:

With what you posted earlier, I assumed you were a WUM. Do you really see Dailywire as an appropriate source of fact on a discussion like this and I want to know what your benchmark for being black is?

I've never even heard of Dailywire until today. As I explained earlier that was the first result I came across.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I take it you mean american police? If so then there are imo several US police depts which have serious issues with race etc, part of that is down to utterly terrible training. Part of it is also that they are far too trigger happy and escalate their use of force for the slightest thing.

It just shows the lack of consistency with policing around the world.

In America they go overboard and get too excited whereas in Scotland they are too interested in bad songs and don't even answer emergency calls.

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I absolutely love going to the states, Florida is my favourite place in the world to go on Holiday and we travel quite alot through other states. The mentality of some of the people ive met its utterly alarming, they are so outwardly racist it makes for a very uncomfortable chat in a bar etc which tends to signal time to move on.

I've never visited the U.S. and am torn two ways about going there.  There's so many incredible places I'd love to visit, not least the parts of California that John Steinbeck wrote about.  I'm sure there are many nice, warm-hearted, generous people in the States and I'm sure it would be an incredible experience, but I'm put off by the perception of religious nutters and gun freaks.

My younger son is heading out to the West Coast in about three weeks time and my elder son has been to New York and I know he'd love to go back.

I'm just a bit conflicted about visiting a place with so many social and other issues.

21 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Not gonna bite, but bad songs? completely over my head??

Making reference to the OF bigotry.

On a similar subject, good work on not biting, but did you see that Police Scotland sent a tweet out the other day to mark the anniversary of the couple who died in the car?  I thought that was a very strange thing to do.

I've never visited the U.S. and am torn two ways about going there.  There's so many incredible places I'd love to visit, not least the parts of California that John Steinbeck wrote about.  I'm sure there are many nice, warm-hearted, generous people in the States and I'm sure it would be an incredible experience, but I'm put off by the perception of religious nutters and gun freaks.

My younger son is heading out to the West Coast in about three weeks time and my elder son has been to New York and I know he'd love to go back.

I'm just a bit conflicted about visiting a place with so many social and other issues.

I've worked in the south, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas , Georgia and round into Florida.
I'll be honest, the people you meet there are amongst the kindest & friendliest people I've ever met.
That said, I'm white, and amongst those folks, that means a lot.

I dont think its right for me to comment on stuff that my work does, for obvious reasons and the number of journalists etc on here mean i wouldnt comment on anything to do with police scotland.

Sake.
Pccabe would have given us a statement.

https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2016/07/07/chart-of-the-week-63-of-white-people-are-wrong-about-ferguson/

Our resident fantasist who thinks that homosexuality brought on the downfall of every great civilisation has spoken online to dozens of black people; it's difficult to call which point of view should have greater merit IMO.

It just shows the lack of consistency with policing around the world.

In America they go overboard and get too excited whereas in Scotland they are too interested in bad songs and don't even answer emergency calls.

Did all our overcrowded prisons just fill themselves then?