Yet another US shooting

"In this country a black man only have like 5 years we can exhibit maximum strength, and that's right now while you a teenager, while you still strong or while you still wanna lift weights, while you still wanna shoot back. Cause once you turn 30 it's like they take the heart and soul out of a man, out of a black man in this country. And you don't wanna fight no more. And if you don't believe me you can look around, you don't see no loud mouth 30-year old muthafuckas

Shit, I think that niggas is tired-a grabbin' shit out the stores and next time it's a riot there's gonna be bloodshed for real. I don't think America can know that. I think American think we was just playing and it's gonna be some more playing but it ain't gonna be no playing. It's gonna be murder, you know what I'm saying, it's gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this muthafucka. You know what I'm saying, it's gonna happen"

Tupac called this.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Only thing that surprises me is that it has taken this long for this to happen.

The answer, clearly, is to give the police more guns.

And citizens. They need more guns too,  

25 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

"In this country a black man only have like 5 years we can exhibit maximum strength, and that's right now while you a teenager, while you still strong or while you still wanna lift weights, while you still wanna shoot back. Cause once you turn 30 it's like they take the heart and soul out of a man, out of a black man in this country. And you don't wanna fight no more. And if you don't believe me you can look around, you don't see no loud mouth 30-year old muthafuckas

Shit, I think that niggas is tired-a grabbin' shit out the stores and next time it's a riot there's gonna be bloodshed for real. I don't think America can know that. I think American think we was just playing and it's gonna be some more playing but it ain't gonna be no playing. It's gonna be murder, you know what I'm saying, it's gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this muthafucka. You know what I'm saying, it's gonna happen"

Tupac called this.

What a load of self-pitying pish. When people hit 30, most of them have grown up and achieved a level of maturity where they stop blaming everyone else for their problems and take responsibility for their own actions.

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What a load of self-pitying pish. When people hit 30, most of them have grown up and achieved a level of maturity where they stop blaming everyone else for their problems and take responsibility for their own actions.

I'm glad you were able to understand it.  I couldn't decipher whatever point he was trying to make.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Only thing that surprises me is that it has taken this long for this to happen.

The answer, clearly, is to give the police more guns.

Yeah, that was my thought too.  The worrying thing is where does it go from here?

However much anyone may try to justify this action I can see it on exacerbating an already incendiary situation.  Can we anticipate a small scale race war with other groups emulating the actions of these shooters?  That's a hell of a scary prospect for the people of the U.S. - particularly black people who will no doubt get the worst of it.

It's a sad and frightening thought that after almost two terms of the first black U.S. President that the incidence of police shooting of black men is as high as it is.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's a sad and frightening thought that after almost two terms of the first black U.S. President that the incidence of police shooting of black men is as high as it is.

Why only black men? As noted elsewhere, per crime committed whites are shot more often.

Casual anti-white racism alive and well, as usual.

43 minutes ago, banana said:

Why only black men? As noted elsewhere, per crime committed whites are shot more often.

Casual anti-white racism alive and well, as usual.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

Over the span of more than a decade, 2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks. 

"More whites are killed by the police than blacks primarily because whites outnumber blacks in the general population by more than five to one," Forst said. The country is about 63 percent white and 12 percent black.

Half as many black people killed but are a less than a fifth of the population.  Maybe you don't understand the significance of that or maybe your prejudices extend beyond misogyny.