Yet another US shooting

Also, based on your own stats it seems like the Muslim mass shooting issue is increasing. There were basically no Muslims in the US in 1985 and terrorism against the West was also not a problem at the time.

I could've sworn The PLO were blowing up aeroplanes and disrupting Olympics on and before 85, maybe I'm wrong.

Almost every gun used in mass killings has been legally bought in a store. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could buy an illegal gun in Inverness, but it would take a bit of time. I'd probably have to work my way up from buying cannabis to heroin and in a decent amount, and would probably end up getting it off a weegie or a scouser. In that time I might decide that going into a nightclub and trying to kill everyone wasn't worth the trouble.

Take out the Nation of Islam black Muslims and what I say is true. There were 1 million in 2000. There are currently over 3 million. I'm sure if you go back to 1985 you'd find a very small number.

Just so you know I edited that post before you posted that.

Almost every gun used in mass killings has been legally bought in a store. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could buy an illegal gun in Inverness, but it would take a bit of time. I'd probably have to work my way up from buying cannabis to heroin and in a decent amount, and would probably end up getting it off a weegie or a scouser. In that time I might decide that going into a nightclub and trying to kill everyone wasn't worth the trouble.

Drop me a DM m8 I'll sort you out.

Maybe. But guns are very, very tied up in the identity and culture of America.

There are three main arguments against gun control benefiting America or being effective, even if we did decide to give up our historic identity and culture of a gun owning people.

1. America is a naturally more violent place. In the 1800s there weren't any gun laws in the UK or Canada. But the US was a much more violent place. Charles Dickens on his trip to America said that Americans seem to use their freedom mostly to shoot and stab each other in the street. You can see the difference culture plays by looking at our neighbor Mexico which basically bans guns and our other neighbor Canada which has some of the most lenient gun laws in the world (though they are obviously much more strict than the US).

2. There are 300 million guns in the US. We have a massive problem with criminal gangs in the black ghettos and the Mexican drug cartels which control large portions of territory on our southern border more than the Mexican government. Those people aren't turning in their guns. Right now they generally keep their violence to themselves and are very loathe to engage in violence outside of their communities. If the normal law abiding citizens are disarmed a large percentage of the deterrent to engaging in crime outside of their community goes away.

3. Any major ban on guns is going to result in a war on drugs style fiasco, except worse. At least the war on drugs generally targets dealers and career criminals with the worst excesses. A large portion of otherwise law abiding Americans are not going to turn in their guns. If you want to really enforce the ban you are going to have federal agents kicking in doors and handing out long jail sentences to normal middle and working class Americans all over the country. It's highly probable that the country would break apart, with rural states leading the way, before allowing such a thing to happen.

Really good points.

It's a more indepth discussion than a straight guns are bad mm'k.

We have a massive problem with... Mexican drug cartels which control large portions of territory on our southern border more than the Mexican government. 

Who source their weaponry in the US because of the stricter gun laws at home. Just turn up at a gun fair with no i.d. and sorted.

Really good points.

It's a more indepth discussion than a straight guns are bad mm'k.

Actually they're not.

All that is highlighting is that the U.S. has huge social problems that they're not interested in tackling. Rather they think large scale incarceration, more guns and the death penalty are the answers though there is plenty of evidence to show that none of these are a solution to the problems.

Actually they're not.

All that is highlighting is that the U.S. has huge social problems that they're not interested in tackling. Rather they think large scale incarceration, more guns and the death penalty are the answers though there is plenty of evidence to show that none of these are a solution to the problems.

Part of their problem is that they treat an 18th Century document in the same way as Islamic fundamentalists treat the Koran. The Constitution was written in a particular time, just after a revolution, when armed militias were essential to gain their independence. Guns and ammo were very expensive at the time, relatively few people owned them, so the idea that randoms could walk into a shop or gunfair and buy a military grade killing machine wasn't considered. 

2. There are 300 million guns in the US. We have a massive problem with criminal gangs in the black ghettos and the Mexican drug cartels which control large portions of territory on our southern border more than the Mexican government. Those people aren't turning in their guns. Right now they generally keep their violence to themselves and are very loathe to engage in violence outside of their communities. If the normal law abiding citizens are disarmed a large percentage of the deterrent to engaging in crime outside of their community goes away.

Really?  What you are saying is that organized crime in the United States is basically the same as it is here.  When someone is shot here you basically know the guy was a gangster because the people with guns (ie criminals) don't shot the people without guns (ie law abiding citizens).

If hardened criminals were deterred by gun ownership they wouldn't have become hardened criminals in the first place.

Maybe he was just upset at being caught in a gay bar? Omar Omar is that you? Hey Omar remember me? Hey it's Omar isn't it ? It's me !Omar Omar say something!....eh....Allaah Akbar!!!!

Edited by THE KING

Lots of Americans complain about Muslims refusing to adapt to the customs and traditions of the country they're living in but when one of them does something as quintessentially American as loading up on Assault rifles and going on a murderous rampage they complain even more.

It's just not fair

Lots of Americans complain about Muslims refusing to adapt to the customs and traditions of the country they're living in but when one of them does something as quintessentially American as loading up on Assault rifles and going on a murderous rampage they complain even more.

It's just not fair

^

If only someone could deliver that post to the Donald Trump camp.

It's just not fair

In this case the ones that complaint about Muslims are the ones that are supporting him here.

What? People don't have some sort of natural right to immigrate to the USA. If such immigration results in people here having to change their culture or way of life, then the immigration should stop rather than us having to change.

This post is comedy gold. History not your thing?

Actually they're not.

Ok, let's do this. Apparently you think I'm an idiot. Let's hear your ideas. We can ignore my first two points and just deal with the political reality of a UK or Aussie style gun ban.

Design a system in which you can go into the black part of St. Louis and a small white town in Idaho to confiscate their guns. I don't want to hear about the Australian situation where nice Aussies across the whole country lined up politely to turn in their weapons. I want specifics.

1. St. Louis. Remember, large percentages of the black people here hate cops. The rest are scared to cooperate openly with the police. We just had a situation in this city where a cop tried to stop a giant of a man robber minutes after his robbery. The robber punches cop in the face, tries to grab his gun, attempts to run away, and then attempts to charge the cop. The cop shoots said robber as he is sprinting towards said cop. Dozens of people who witness the incident, including people who were mere feet away go on tv and say the cop shot the robber as his hands were up saying don't shoot. Many people repeat these claims under oath in front of a grand jury. No witness speaks in the media with a different story other than the cop. Many other witnesses under oath back up the cops story. All physical evidence backs up the cop. Robber's finger print on gun. Bruising on cops face. The forensics of the shooting shows that the robber is advancing towards the cop with his hands down. This is all announced. Days of riots and looting follow, accompanied by chants of "Who do we want? Darren Wilson! How do we want him? Dead!" Cop loses his dream job and now lives in hiding. Remember, this all happened because a cop shot one black robber who was trying to kill the cop. Radical black nationalists like the Black Panthers and Nation of Islam will pour into any town in which riots start. So, we are going to disarm some of the most violent gangs in the world who inhabit these neighborhoods how?

2. Idaho town. 90% of the people here own guns and consider it an essential right and part of their culture. The local sheriff ran for election on a specific platform of not cooperating with any federal attempt to ban guns. Thousands of heavily armed "patriots" are waiting around the country to head to the first town that the federal cops try to disarm. The state national guard consists of mostly conservative gun owners, so they are useless. The state legislature and governor are making noise about secession if federal agents enter their state. We are going to disarm this town how?

Now, let's repeat the process across thousands of communities on a continent sized country with hundreds of millions of people. :)