Jump to content
ICTJohnboy

Yet another US shooting

Recommended Posts

It’s because of drug and gang wars though. Very localised. One thing I loved was the zero dickheads in bars, no hassle no dirty looks very welcoming.

In a way guns make things safer and more civilised. Just don’t kick off.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BillyAnchor said:

While I tend to agree the chance of being the victim of a gun crime is very high in certain American 'ghettos' the average life expectancy in the West Side of Chicago (a notoriously violent gang ridden area) is 69 years.

In Calton, Glasgow it is 54.  So deprivation and poverty are arguable.  

 

Links are from less than 100% reputable sites and may be a few years old  yet seem to be based on real studies.

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/men-in-glasgows-east-end-have-life-988632

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/chicago-west-side-residents-hospitals-aim-close-16-year-life-expectancy-gap/ 

 

Again though, is that the entire west side of Chicago?  Cause the gun crime is like ten areas in the west and south of the city, the rest is a modern highly developed rich first world city.  Also in Scotland in a place like Calton lifestyle is going to be the main factor there, not violent crime.

In Afghanistan and Iraq combined the US lost about 7000 soldiers, in the same time period over 8000 people were murdered in Chicago.  90% would be young black males and almost all in a dozen smallish areas.  For these people they literally live in a warzone, for the other 3 million people in the city its like living in Edinburgh or somewhere like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D.A.F.C said:

It’s because of drug and gang wars though. Very localised. One thing I loved was the zero dickheads in bars, no hassle no dirty looks very welcoming.

In a way guns make things safer and more civilised. Just don’t kick off.

:lol:

It is very localised, and it does make you think I would be much less likely to make an issue of something on a night out in the States than here cause the person you are arguing with may have a gun or very likely could get one pretty quickly in a lot of places.  Most states you can't take them into bars though, only some.  They're very friendly people you're right open welcoming polite good fun down to earth informal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas. The state with the highest total number of guns. Where are all the good guys with their guns now?IMG_20190901_000314.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know us on P&B are quick with 'gallows humour' but this stuff is brutal.

Innocent random people getting wiped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's alright, praying to God will fix everything. After all, the thoughts and prayers have done a sterling job so far. You have to read the whole thread on this tweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2019 at 22:27, BillyAnchor said:

While I tend to agree the chance of being the victim of a gun crime is very high in certain American 'ghettos' the average life expectancy in the West Side of Chicago (a notoriously violent gang ridden area) is 69 years.

In Calton, Glasgow it is 54.  So deprivation and poverty are arguable.  

 

Links are from less than 100% reputable sites and may be a few years old  yet seem to be based on real studies.

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/men-in-glasgows-east-end-have-life-988632

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/chicago-west-side-residents-hospitals-aim-close-16-year-life-expectancy-gap/ 

 

Calton has the Bellgrove Hotel which totally skews the statistics I imagine. Shettleston at around 67 in recent years seems like a more accurate and less sensationalist figure for the poor parts of Glasgow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

It's alright, praying to God will fix everything. After all, the thoughts and prayers have done a sterling job so far. You have to read the whole thread on this tweet.
 

In a ‘proper’ society this guy would get sectioned rather than elected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are dying every day and this is an elected officials position. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

 

Screenshot_20190907-000608.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Be WarnEd DoNt hAVe a SuPriSe pArTY

 

Screenshot_20190909-103112.jpg

Quote

Girard Police Chief John Norman confirmed that the mom had a Concealed Carry Permit.

“She had a gun readily available and she fired a round at someone coming through the door,” he told 21 News.

Prosecutors have yet to decide if any charges will be pressed, Norman said.

“If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they’re not expecting you — announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you’re getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night,” Norman said.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/mom-accidentally-shoots-daughter-after-she-surprises-her-at-home/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to distract from the madness that is America but a couple nights ago a guy shot himself near my flat in London. He came to off a different guy sat in a car on the high street and, depending who you believe, either (a) the shotgun pullets bounced off bullet proof glass back at him or (b) he tried to smash the glass with the shotgun butt and it blew off his face.

There's video of his three mates in balaclavas wondering wtf to do after it. Apparently the guy he came to kill stood over his body and snapped it.

The same high street had a burnt out car sitting in the middle of it for two days last week.

Sydenham Road by the Lloyd's Bank if you're interested. I go to the Pure Gym just round the corner.

Screenshot_20190909-231651.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

 (b) he tried to smash the glass with the shotgun butt and it blew off his face.

 

Bet that wiped the smile off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...