Yet another US shooting

Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina and U.S. Presidential candidate…

IMG_0437.thumb.jpeg.551d0e47bdf5f431aee71aec8a0343d8.jpeg

This says plenty about U.S. politics, although, I struggled to find a picture of the Donald with a gun other than a musket prop at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention. However, he has said he holds a concealed carry license and has said he now is always armed (can we stop providing Secret Service then?).

Notes on photo: Bolt is open and back, no magazine inserted, so the gun is not ready to fire…so why the finger on the trigger? The ammunition and belt links scattered around the gun is incompatible with the gun. The stock would kick the shite out of her shoulder the way she’s wielding that gun. (thanks to ex-Marine Ruben Gallego for those observations)

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This says plenty about U.S. politics, although, I struggled to find a picture of the Donald with a gun other than a musket prop at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention. However, he has said he holds a concealed carry license and has said he now is always armed (can we stop providing Secret Service then?).

Notes on photo: Bolt is open and back, no magazine inserted, so the gun is not ready to fire…so why the finger on the trigger? The ammunition and belt links scattered around the gun is incompatible with the gun. The stock would kick the shite out of her shoulder the way she’s wielding that gun. (thanks to ex-Marine Ruben Gallego for those observations)

Nobody's parking in her drive. Or chapping on her door. Or blowing leaves next door. Or criticising her practising shooting in her back garden.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

What actually is the point on anyone owning a gun like that?!

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nobody's parking in her drive. Or chapping on her door. Or blowing leaves next door. Or criticising her practising shooting in her back garden.

He was drunk, on his front porch…get it right. Granted, it was a 1 acre lot in a rural area, so it is technically legal to shot on your own property with appropriate safety precautions…precautions he didn’t take. Yes, people have backyard shooting ranges.

1 minute ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

What actually is the point on anyone owning a gun like that?!

Penis enlargement? Actually, the weapon in question, a SIG Sauer XM250 Light Machine Gun, was the winner of the U.S. Army competition to replace the M249 LMG in 2022. So, it’s not a weapon available on the civilian market in any way shape of form. However, with a little time, the aftermarket will offer kits to make your average semi-auto look like a pretty convincing clone, although it’s doubtful they’ll duplicate the ammo fed system. The silencer/suppressor on it will be the most expensive thing to duplicate, because that’s an individually licensable item (usually several months to get your tax stamp and approval to buy one).

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

7a6daf1eabacb61074cd3bbffff1aec6--fps-mmo-s-toys.jpg

1 dead, 3 critical, 1 other wounded, because some c**t in for a medical appointment (with his mom) got mad, pulled out a pistol and started shooting. Black male, odds not available on arrest alive vs dead.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta-police-investigating-active-shooter-incident-midtown/HFIIPRLDQNCVRLLVGRZCPXO6LE/

Guest ICTFCwife

Wonder how Biden will respond to this one hopefully won’t be as insensitive to his response to hearing 6 people died in the Nashville shooting at the Christian school was “I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream”. Literally felt like I was watching a scene out of southpark. 

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

F**k it, it’s no longer worth posting the stories. I just need to open a business in airports to rent bulletproof vests to incoming tourist!

I wonder if there is any effect on tourism from all of this? The chance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and becoming an accidental victim must be huge now. 

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I wonder if there is any effect on tourism from all of this? The chance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and becoming an accidental victim must be huge now. 

I wouldn’t have said huge - it’s 350 million in the country so you’re still probably not going to get shot when there on holiday.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Yet another shooting. 9 dead in a Texas mall.

I saw a still from a video. If real it was as sickening as it gets, dead children covered in blood. Nothing much else to say.

1 hour ago, BillyAnchor said:

I saw a still from a video. If real it was as sickening as it gets, dead children covered in blood. Nothing much else to say.

Seen that still which is horrific and the video of the dead (armed to the teeth) shooter. The Maga Q lot already dishing out the racism and saying they need their guns  for protection and accusing the Hispanic shooter as a gang banging illegal immigrant not realising they're making an argument for tighter gun control.

One of the 6 who were shot at the party in Chico California has died overnight, shooter is still at large. 

Nothing in comparison to the mall shooting in Texas though.

What needs to happen is that black and Hispanic people need to buy legal firearms in droves, and go around openly carrying them. I think it's the only thing that'll prompt any action on this from Republicans.

The Black Panthers would dauner into the state capitol carrying rifles which led almost immediately to tighter gun laws in California.