Yet another US shooting

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

"As officers were ordering the female to the ground a 5-year-old child ran from the woods holding a loaded shotgun," the sheriff said. "Law enforcement told the child to put the shotgun down however the child continued to the female’s location before laying the gun on the ground."

Seems normal. 🤔

23 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Not as rare as you might think. An ex-teacher of mine, father of a classmate, was shotgunned and killed in 1988 when he stopped to assist a stranded young lady. While she talked to him, her partner snuck up from the roadside bushes and blasted him. There are scum all over, and have been for some time…the problem around here is the easy availability of guns for such sociopaths.

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not as rare as you might think. An ex-teacher of mine, father of a classmate, was shotgunned and killed in 1988 when he stopped to assist a stranded young lady. While she talked to him, her partner snuck up from the roadside bushes and blasted him. There are scum all over, and have been for some time…the problem around here is the easy availability of guns for such sociopaths.

imago0098248377s.jpg

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Dutch commandoes take their 'training' in US very seriously...................

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/28/three-dutch-commandos-wounded-in-shooting-outside-us-hotel

It's not looking good for Western Europe when their elite forces are getting capped by a random Yank on his way home from Burger King. 

Was out to dinner in Memphis last night, and we were locked down for over an hour in the place while this guy was driving about shooting folk:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/memphis-shooting-rampage-leaves-dead-injured/story?id=89508700

He recorded some of it on Facebook live, and I unwittingly caught one of the vids on my Twitter feed, horrible.

The guy we we're out with just happened to be on his way to a magicians conference, so he at least kept us entertained for a wee bit. Wouldn't show me how to do the rope trick though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but lawyers for the conspiracy nut Alex Jones who claimed the Sandyhook shootings were a hoax are claiming he’s a victim because the families that are suing him are exaggerating the impact of his lies.

I know it’s a lawyer’s job to represent his client but that’s almost as offence as Jones’ claims.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/alex-jones-sandy-hook-defamation-trial-real-victim-1234592161/