Yet another US shooting

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

At least 3 dead and 11 wounded in a Friday night shooting in Philadelphia. Again, as is, doesn’t meet the criteria for a mass shooting…Jesus wept.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18786268/philadelphia-mass-shooting-victims-dead/

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do you think they are all deliberately killing only 3 to keep it out of the stats?

Depends whose stats…some require 5 dead (so include the shooter, some don’t), some require 4 dead, some require 5 injured or dead, etc…it’s all political bullshit.

Makes a change from shooting them - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61712871

Obviously a tragedy but there’s a video covering the Uvalde School Incident from a well respected lawyer/YouTuber that covers this aspect of “police protecting the public”. In the US the police have no obligation, constitutionally, to protect the public. Bonkers, but no surprise really.

We aren't exactly perfect on that front either.

The Fire Brigade didn't respond to the Manchester Bombing and there have been a few other incidents where people have died where they attended then didn't do anything due to health and safety. There was also an incident in Lanarkshire a few years ago where a drug dealer bled to death after being shot because the paramedics wouldn't approach the scene and it took over 30 minutes for him to receive treatment. 

Edited by Detournement

We aren't exactly perfect on that front either.
The Fire Brigade didn't respond to the Manchester Bombing and there have been a few other incidents where people have died where they attended then didn't do anything due to health and safety. There was also an incident in Lanarkshire a few years ago where a drug dealer bled to death after being shot because the paramedics wouldn't approach the scene and it took over 30 minutes for him to receive treatment. 

I think it’s far easier here to hold police forces/emergency services accountable.

Moreover I wouldn’t expect a paramedic to jump into a possible gang turf war with guns firing off. They would probably have to wait until the armed police turned up.

3f6d01a501dd94e2f4f0929cfe2be311.jpg

Pretty shite argument for American police though since they regularly walk about with more guns than Rambo.

True but not all are trained for the school shooting scenario, amazingly. I’m not defending their lack of response btw, they were trained and they just failed at doing what they were trained to do. They completely fucked up the set procedure for dealing with that shooter in Uvalde. That post was more meaning paramedics and other emergency responders. Some Americans want paramedics armed ffs.

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

True but not all are trained for the school shooting scenario, amazingly. I’m not defending their lack of response btw, they were trained and they just failed at doing what they were trained to do. They completely fucked up the set procedure for dealing with that shooter in Uvalde. That post was more meaning paramedics and other emergency responders. Some Americans want paramedics armed ffs.

Doubt they'd have space on their utility belts for a handgun and a spare magazine.

Matthew McConaughey gave an excellent speech at the White House today.

Reading the posts on Twitter about it is an eye opening experience. "He uses guns in his films!", "Who cares what an actor said" etc.  

Some disturbing stats:

730 shot dead in USA in the two weeks since the Uvalde shooting on 24 May.

23 of those 730 were children, more than the number killed in Uvalde.

Only 4 days since 24 May when there have been fewer daily deaths.

https://news.sky.com/story/gun-laws-more-than-700-people-shot-dead-in-the-us-since-the-texas-school-shooting-12629378

13 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Matthew McConaughey gave an excellent speech at the White House today.

Reading the posts on Twitter about it is an eye opening experience. "He uses guns in his films!", "Who cares what an actor said" etc.  

For those, like me, that missed it at the time.

I seen it said elsewhere but I don’t think anything will change until they start showing you the bodies of the children. 

Would take a brave parent to allow that to go public, but I think it would make a bigger impact 

Pleading is obviously doing nothing, so let them see exactly what the price is they’re willing to keep paying to own weapons of war 

I seen it said elsewhere but I don’t think anything will change until they start showing you the bodies of the children. 
Would take a brave parent to allow that to go public, but I think it would make a bigger impact 
Pleading is obviously doing nothing, so let them see exactly what the price is they’re willing to keep paying to own weapons of war 
I don't even that will work. America is rammed with fucking moonhowlers who'd claim they were dummies or crisis actors

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

I don't even that will work. America is rammed with fucking moonhowlers who'd claim they were dummies or crisis actors

Depressing but I agree. If the wee green trainers with the heart on the toe don't do it for you. Pics of smashed up wee dead kids won't either. 

FWIW I think McConaughey's pitch to the gun owning freedom loving right that moderate controls is still 2nd ammendment compatible is the way to go. Only way there can be a way to meet somewhere in the middle