Yet another US shooting

“You can’t ban guns cause it would take guns away from the good guys and bad guys will still be able to get guns it’s like drugs”

You can’t argue with that level of sheer stupidity.

The horror, rage and disgust will last 72 hours in the news cycle.  Nothing will change over there.  Sandy Hook changed nothing.  Why would this?

What a toilet bowl of a country.  I seen the news headlines tonight.  Had that happen here, France, Holland or Italy.  I’d have been shocked and horrified.  Having seen it happened in America, I’m not apathetic.  Far from it.  Just not surprised.  I can mind posting about the rage people felt in the states over the George Floyd murder.  Wishing they’d channel that anger the next time somebody walked into a building and murdered countless people.

It won’t.  Come Saturday.  They won’t care enough as a nation to do anything other than thoughts and prayers.

In response to the shooting in Uvalde, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton says the solution may be arming teachers.

Speaking to conservative news outlet Newsmax, Paxton said that "having potentially teachers and other administrators be armed" would help stop future attacks while authorities arrived.

"First responders typically can't get there in time to prevent a shooting. It's just not possible unless you have a police officer on every campus," he said. "I think you're going to have to do more at the school."

Fucking hell.

FYI, 10 year-olds, plus a 66 year-old teacher. School is an underperforming one, in an area with over 84% of students identified as disadvantaged. Good chance that the school lacked a secure entry vestibule that has become popular across the country in districts that can afford them. It was so unsurprising that, unlike after Sandy Hook, police officers were not dispatched to outside other schools across the country. This country is fucked.

Just now, Hauzen said:

In response to the shooting in Uvalde, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton says the solution may be arming teachers.

Speaking to conservative news outlet Newsmax, Paxton said that "having potentially teachers and other administrators be armed" would help stop future attacks while authorities arrived.

"First responders typically can't get there in time to prevent a shooting. It's just not possible unless you have a police officer on every campus," he said. "I think you're going to have to do more at the school."

Fucking hell.

Already common in a number of areas of Texas, especially rural areas (like this).

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Already common in a number of areas of Texas, especially rural areas (like this).

Really? I just can't reconcile that, giving guns to teachers to protect kids. It just blows my mind that America exists in this form, and like others have said will continue to exist in this form.

The thing you always get is that banning guns would leave them in the hands of criminals, leaving honest citizens defenceless. Except it's not bank robbers or drug dealers doing the the mass murders, it's the comfortable middle class white folk or their children.

30 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I refuse to look, but I'm assuming twitter is awash with shite like "Crisis Actors" and "False Flag" from fat basement-dwelling Trump voters. 

And H_B. 

Plenty thoughts and prayers around, you can see how well that worked after previous mass shootings. I'm sure that's a weight of  every parents back.  

I've seen him named on a Spanish speaking news page as Salvador Ramos, so no doubt the right wing zoomers will get some border wall rage out of it. 

Edited by dirty dingus

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

No doubt Abbott will have plenty of thoughts and prayers for the families affected.

I'm seeing this guy on the news just now and he's reading his piece off a bit of paper in a tone that would be no different than if it was about McPake going to EEP. 

Absolutely no emotion on show in a manner in which you can almost guarantee he's simply thinking "the anti-NRA are going to have a field day with this..."

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It was a toss up on whether mental health issues or computer games were going to get the blame first.

Actually the shooter's apparently Latino, so I'm a bit surprised they've gone for mental illness straight off. No doubt some despicable c**t will start giving it large about 'southern border crisis' soon enough.

They decided after Sandy Hook the murdering of children was a price worth paying to own a gun

Reading some comments on social media from people saying it’s “unbelievable this could happen” when it’s entirely believable and almost expected this sort of thing will happen in the US 

"Mass shootings only happen in states like California with strict gun laws" . Last week. Today in Texas.

The tragedy in Uvalde was the deadliest school shooting in Texas history, and it added to a grim tally of mass shootings in the state that have been among the deadliest in the U.S. over the past five years.

In 2018, a gunman fatally shot 10 people at Santa Fe High School in the Houston area. A year before that, a gunman at a Texas church killed more than two dozen people during a Sunday service in the small town of Sutherland Springs. In 2019, another gunman at a Walmart in El Paso killed 23 people in a racist attack.

The shooting came days before the National Rifle Association annual convention was set to begin in Houston. Abbott and both of Texas’ U.S. senators were among elected Republican officials who were the scheduled speakers at a Friday leadership forum sponsored by the NRA’s lobbying arm.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

What a fucking cesspool America is. 

For me they actually do need to do more about mental health, but most of that relies on parents actually doing something about these wee guys in their teens instead of burying their heads in the sand. 

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

“You can’t ban guns cause it would take guns away from the good guys and bad guys will still be able to get guns it’s like drugs”

You can’t argue with that level of sheer stupidity.

I tend to counter that with most mass shootings are committed with legally bought firearms, whilst bad guys do bad things with guns, most of yer cartel, biker gangs and gangsters own guns to further criminal enterprise not shoot up schools. 

2 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Fucking hell.

I read an account that this shooter had already been engaged by police and had been wearing heavy armour thus if cops with significantly more range time couldnt stop him a teacher with a gun from their handbag has no chance. America needs to get fucking real.