Yet another US shooting

• 3 weeks later...

Alex Jones loses his latest court battle over Sandy Hook.  No doubt his deranged followers will help him with his financial troubles but hopefully the amounts awarded will be too big for him to cope.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has been found liable for damages in three defamation lawsuits filed after he falsely claimed the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting was a "hoax".

https://news.sky.com/story/alex-jones-conspiracy-theorist-and-infowars-founder-loses-sandy-hook-hoax-lawsuit-12423527

Edited by Granny Danger

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Schoolboy who took a gun into a Texas school and shot 4 is out on bail. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/575824-alleged-texas-high-school-shooter-released-from-jail

This one will get quite messy, happened a few miles down the road. Shooter has documented evidence of severe bullying the district didn’t address, and was videoed getting his head kicked in before he pulled the gun and started blasting…said kicking in kid’s family has a totally different take and has launched a go fund me…no one talking about teacher who got shot too. No justification for taking a gun to school and blasting away, but if the allegations of bullying are verified, the school district is gonna be in the shite.

Personally, I want better marksmanship training for all the wanna-be’s that think a gun makes their penis larger…then maybe they’ll start killing each other instead of bystanders.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This one will get quite messy, happened a few miles down the road. Shooter has documented evidence of severe bullying the district didn’t address, and was videoed getting his head kicked in before he pulled the gun and started blasting…said kicking in kid’s family has a totally different take and has launched a go fund me…no one talking about teacher who got shot too. No justification for taking a gun to school and blasting away, but if the allegations of bullying are verified, the school district is gonna be in the shite.

Personally, I want better marksmanship training for all the wanna-be’s that think a gun makes their penis larger…then maybe they’ll start killing each other instead of bystanders.

Just sounds mad over here that you can shoot four people, pay $7,500 to a bail bondsman and get out of jail. The circumstances don't change that. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just sounds mad over here that you can shoot four people, pay $7,500 to a bail bondsman and get out of jail. The circumstances don't change that. 

Don’t get me started on cash bail…

But, on that note, to be totally honest, with the current verified circumstances, including the shooter surrendering to police, with a known home location, family around him, and no reason to expect any threat against any other parties, release on bail is appropriate given prison conditions in the U.S. right now. We got far to many people locked up, COVID rampant in the jails and the guards are underpaid, undertrained, and generally violent…add hardened criminals in gen pop with youth offenders and such, it’s a f**king hellhole. I don’t love him bonded out, but with his trial probably at least a year or two away…the court system here is a f**ked as the rest of it. The right to a speedy trial is a fantasy.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Have to say, this is not how I pictured Alec Baldwin ending up on this thread. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59005500 

Heard that on the news.

The two people who were shot weren't actors, they would most likely have been behind the camera. Seems a bit odd how this happened, I'm finding this hard to visualise.

• 4 weeks later...