Yet another US shooting

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Big news over here just now is that they are tightening controls of vape sticks after 6 deaths. Its refreshing to see them taking action when something kills citizens so readily. Now about those guns....

Guns don't kill people, vape sticks do...

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"no arrests had been made in the private, members-only bar," Maybe they should have a look at the members' list.

When I went to Alabama there were lots of Members only bars. I was surprised to learn I was already a member of all of them.  That was typical of the deep south but I have no idea why. 🤔

I see the Joker film is currently taking pelters for 'encouraging' shootings in the US. Wallopers on social media claiming they walked out of showings in case somebody started shooting up the place, and calling for it to be banned  :lol:

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I see the Joker film is currently taking pelters for 'encouraging' shootings in the US. Wallopers on social media claiming they walked out of showings in case somebody started shooting up the place, and calling for it to be banned  :lol:

Mental. Film is fantastic.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

Mental. Film is fantastic.

Yeah, just saw it. I can't imagine why the wealthy owners of media organisations would be shitting the bed about this film in particular  :whistle

15 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yeah, just saw it. I can't imagine why the wealthy owners of media organisations would be shitting the bed about this film in particular  :whistle

Aye, it’s fairly emotive. If Scotland fans watch braveheart before a game, protesters should watch Joker.

58 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

American logic. Don't ban guns - ban films. 

Guns don't kill people, actors do.

37 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

American logic. Don't ban guns - ban films. 

Guns don't kill people, actors do.

Charlton Heston would have loved the chance, TBF.

10 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Charlton Heston would have loved the chance, TBF.

I watched a documentary on him a few years ago before he shut it down - possibly Louis Theroux? What a horrible old man. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I watched a documentary on him a few years ago before he shut it down - possibly Louis Theroux? What a horrible old man. 

Probably Michael Moore; think he ambushed him a little in Bowling for Columbine.

Moore could have gone about it a bit better, but I don't have too much sympathy. I remember Tim Roth saying that the hardest role he's ever played was in the Planet of the Apes remake, as he had to do a scene with Heston and not throw up  :lol: