Yet another US shooting

41 minutes ago, Serious Business said:

There are multiple definitions, but it does seem this is the one that @The Marly 's figure comes from, thanks. The incidents that make up that figure can be seen here: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting?year=2019 , which also has a nifty interactive map.

Some quick sums reveals that the average 'mass shooting' kills 1.1 people, and noone is killed in 46% of 'mass shootings'.

Poor Peter...

Image result for peter noone

A mass shooting is an incident where four or more people - not including the shooter(s) - are shot.
Yep, that's exactly what a "mass shooting " is defined as.

I wasn't prepared to get into a debate with someone who is prepared to trivialise the murder of thousands of people, many of these children, and have placed the troll on ignore. The first person I've ever placed on ignore.

20 minutes ago, Serious Business said:

The firing rates.

One trigger pull = one shot, regardless of the infographic semi-automatics. Magazine size and reload does not make that big a difference.

It also has the AR15 semi-automatic hilariously firing 20 rounds per second... which is also considerably faster than the fully automatic M16!

The BBC saw the error of their ways and took it down, without a retraction note of course. Might be worth reconsidering the reliability of the rest of the article!

Sakes, i’d just bought an AR 15 for my rampage as well. 

Well done to the bbc for giving ammunition* to the modern day green ink brigade. Not sure what that info graphic would have added to anyone’s understanding of the issues even if correct. As it is, zoomers will trot out the “you can’t believe them when they say people die from being shot in the head” bollocks.

I understand that the actual rate for the AR15 is 700-900 but that’s on the automatic setting. Seems someone quoted this in Congress a couple of massacres ago.

I would feel much better only getting shot 11 times a second than 20. 

*see what I did there?

Rate of fire for a weapon is the rate it can discharge at till the magazine\belt is empty. Not the amount of bullets you can fire in a minute. Really basic information. 

And "modified" semi autos include things like "bump stocks" (you tube them). 

There are 11 million single parent families in America. Aye, that must be it, rather than assault rifles with 100 bullet magazines being sold in corner shops, a president who calls immigrants rapists, thieves and murderers, and websites promoting racial purity and celebrating mass murderers as heroes.

Probably to be expected but the WH transcripts of what was discussed yesterday are depressing. All about how wonderful Trump is. Not a single mention of the victims.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

As long as you don't go to supermarkets, malls, cinemas, gay bars, entertainment districts, universities, synagogues, schools, somebody's work you'll probably be o.k.

I'll just hide in a Mosque then.

Either that or any government is duty bound to advise citizens on the risks of travel to various places, regardless of the crime rate at home. Fud.

That's actually quality trolling from a country with a considerably higher crime rate that the US.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Either that or any government is duty bound to advise citizens on the risks of travel to various places, regardless of the crime rate at home. Fud.

And I don't think there are shooters going about Montevideo especially seeking out Hispanics to murder.

And I don't think there are shooters going about Montevideo especially seeking out Hispanics to murder.
Maybe this approach would be a decent way to thin the herd.

For example, the British Govt have no right advising against travelling to Northern Syria whilst they dont have Brexit in order

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

As long as you don't go to supermarkets, malls, cinemas, gay bars, entertainment districts, universities, synagogues, schools, somebody's work you'll probably be o.k.

I do not think that school, university or work for that matter are regular places where some of our commentators are to be found.