Yet another US shooting

249 should be a statistically useful sample to test the Texan attorney general's claim that this demonstrates that people need guns because they can defend themselves 

How many of these incidents were ended by have a go citizen with their handy sidearm? 

Should be easy to demonstrate how good guns are... 

Utterly bizarre that Walmart has an open carry policy in Texas. Anyone seeing this guy wander in with a rifle wouldn't have batted an eyelid until he started firing at folk. What a fucked up place.

That aged well.

Surely it's about time anyone outside the US stops giving a shiny shite when some impotent loser with an AR15 decides to kill 20 people. The President and Government are totally in thrall to the NRA and the majority of the population are against having their Second Amendment rights fucked about with, even though a significant number of them are probably going to be shot by some nutter as a direct result. The entire USA should be given a Darwin Award. 

The thread was started in 2015 as well, every time I see this thread come up I don’t click on it I just go straight to the news app to see what’s happened. Two in the same day is just absolute madness, thoughts and prayers etc.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Utterly bizarre that Walmart has an open carry policy in Texas. Anyone seeing this guy wander in with a rifle wouldn't have batted an eyelid until he started firing at folk. What a fucked up place.

That aged well.

It's ok, he's on the case now.

We ask God to bind up the wounds of all who’ve been harmed.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Is anyone keeping a note of how many mass shootings there have been since this thread started?

Has it been established how many people need to die for it to be considered a mass shooting ?  Off the top of my head I'd say there should be at least 5.  Or can mere injuries to the victims also be taken into account ? ...I can see the argument for this as presumably ,in most cases ,the gunman is intending to kill as many as possible.

Has it been established how many people need to die for it to be considered a mass shooting ? 

Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit research group that tracks shootings and their characteristics in the United States, defines a mass shooting as: an incident in which four or more people, excluding the perpetrator(s), are shot in one location at roughly the same time.[4]

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit research group that tracks shootings and their characteristics in the United States, defines a mass shooting as: an incident in which four or more people, excluding the perpetrator(s), are shot in one location at roughly the same time.[4]

Oh well, so I wasn't far out with my guess of 5 and it looks like the victims don't necessarily have to die , just as long as they are shot by the gunman. Opens a can of worms , though if the gunman is so bad a shot that, for instance, he hits folk with three of his shots but misses completelywith the rest. Don't see why he should suffer the indignity of being downgraded from a mass killer in comparison to someone who maybe fired off only four shots but got lucky with them all.