Yet another US shooting

Anyone read about this that happened last week. Off duty cop goes home after her shift, goes into the wrong apartment and shoots dead the man who was living in the apartment, claiming she thought he was a burglar. Apparently her apartment was the one directly above his. 

https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/dallas-police-shooting-botham-jean.html

Anyone read about this that happened last week. Off duty cop goes home after her shift, goes into the wrong apartment and shoots dead the man who was living in the apartment, claiming she thought he was a burglar. Apparently her apartment was the one directly above his. 
NRA blaming the man for not having a gun for his own death.
Right wing loons blaming him for not following orders.

Murica

48 minutes ago, mjw said:

NRA blaming the man for not having a gun for his own death.
Right wing loons blaming him for not following orders.

Murica

It’s bananas. I seen that story referenced on twitter earlier on and assumed there must be more to the story and went searching. But it is exactly as I wrote above, how can these trigger happy police still be allowed to work. I’m not even sure this particular shooting is a race issue I think this was just an idiot policewoman with easy access to a gun. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45505610

Bakersfield, California - Married couple drive to an office.  Driver shoots a man, then shoots his own wife plus another man, drives over to another residence, shoots 2 more and then takes his own life after an attempted car jacking went wrong and he was confronted by a policeman.

Not so random shooting by the sounds of things.  We'll see how this progresses.  Can't help wondering why more people don't have guns in order to be able to protect themselves.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That story is utterly bizarre and I don’t buy a word of her bollocks claims. Seems pretty obvious that she’s intentionally shot him and tried to come up with a ridiculous story as an excuse.

Hopefully they go for murder.

Only explanation for me is she was off her head on drugs or alcohol. Otherwise she'd surely be able to make it look like self defence? Stick an knife in his hand or something.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Only explanation for me is she was off her head on drugs or alcohol. Otherwise she'd surely be able to make it look like self defence? Stick an knife in his hand or something.

Based on her photo I wouldn't be overly shocked if that was the case, but you’d imagine that would be tested straight away after the shooting, so unless it’s  a police cover-up then probably not?

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Based on her photo I wouldn't be overly shocked if that was the case, but you’d imagine that would be tested straight away after the shooting, so unless it’s  a police cover-up then probably not?

Maybe just time of the month then.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently she had just finished her shift as a police officer. I believe her mug shot picture that’s been released was taken 3 days after the shooting, she wasn’t arrested straight away. She has been charged with manslaughter but the prosecutors are taking it to a grand jury and pushing for a murder charge. 

Dallas featured heavily on programme last night about trigger happy cops and kkk. America is just fucking mental!!