Yet another US shooting

You never seen Commando? Someone can easily throw a knife into your neck from 100 yards.

Fair point, and considering Charlie Sheen can shoot someone through the chest from 500 yards with just a bow and a live chicken, it's surprising there aren't more deaths by cop, if anything.

I had a cop explain this to me once. I forget the exact term, but there's a word for when a suspect with a knife gets within a certain range of a cop and they are potentially lethal within 1 or 2 seconds if they decide to snap. Cops are trained to keep this in mind.

If you have your gun out there's no way to switch to a taser or pepper spray.

Also, how would a cop exactly go about shooting pepper spray at a person who's 15 feet away, and not also get the other cops who were surrounding them?

I had a cop explain this to me once. I forget the exact term, but there's a word for when a suspect with a knife gets within a certain range of a cop and they are potentially lethal within 1 or 2 seconds if they decide to snap. Cops are trained to keep this in mind.
Also, how would a cop exactly go about shooting pepper spray at a person who's 15 feet away, and not also get the other cops who were surrounding them?

Same way they manage everywhere else in the world that doesn't have armed police.

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

A) Why can you not switch to a taser or pepper sprsy if you have your gun out?

B) God forbid some police officers should accidentally get some pepper spray on them. Best to kill someone to avoid a cop getting irritated eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, GTG_03 said:

2 dead. 24 injured.
Waiting to find out the colour of skin before deciding if it's a lone wolf with mental problems or a terrorist.

Lone wolves with mental problems love country music so I'm going with terrorist.

One of the clips you can see the performer carry on singing for a good few seconds after the rounds are going off and when its clear that there is an attack going on there isn't that much commotion from the crowd as you would expect. For the amount of rounds going off its bizarre that only 24 people are injured, the gunman must have been firing at the sky for some of that time.

Apparently a lot of people on a whatsapp group chat I'm in could've been caught up in this because (unusually) they've been to Vegas in the last decade.

I was staying in the Luxor in 2003 which is just next door

It could have been me if the gunman had arrived 14 years early and gone one price bracket down

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Right, it's still saying 2 dead on my news feed

Just updated to 20. Horrific, again.

Edited by Jacksgranda