Yet another US shooting

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's their struggling with guns I'm more concerned about.

Quite.  Maybe the anti-gun lobby has this all the wrong way round.  Ban the police from owning hand guns.

Seen the video of the shooting, as far as i can see there was no justification for doing so, the guy had a gun sure, but it was in his pocket and he was restrained by the two of them. The officer just pulled his gun while the guy was held down and murdered him. Sickening stuff, with all of the highly questionable police shootings and mass shootings that are so frequent now they have no impact, its disturbing that murder is commonplace in America. If they cant see it now then i shudder to think what it would take to motivate them for change.

The issue really is the gun culture in America. There are guns everywhere, and cops in the USA are shot at every single day. Of course, cops being shot to death is relatively common.

This naturally creates an extreme paranoia among officers. If you put paranoid people in volatile situations and arm them, you have a recipe for frequent mistakes and disasters. It's no surprise that this is happening and it will continue to happen.

Not an excuse of course, but this issue runs far deeper than the police.

Of course it does, but these cops need to be tried for murder, there is a section of the US population who have been failed by their law enforcement and they need to be shown that these guys arent above the law.

Historically the police in the US (and here to a lesser extent) look after their own. Whether that be the King case or far lesser incidents, there's a string of cases which tell black folk that they will not receive justice in cases where police use violence in totally over the top situations.

The video I've seen, with the woman in the car, shows a policeman panicking. If he gets let off with that, there could easily be another Watts. It's abhorrent. The woman deserves all the credit in the world for being composed, when the cop is clearly losing his nerve.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

The issue really is the gun culture in America. There are guns everywhere, and cops in the USA are shot at every single day. Of course, cops being shot to death is relatively common.

This naturally creates an extreme paranoia among officers. If you put paranoid people in volatile situations and arm them, you have a recipe for frequent mistakes and disasters. It's no surprise that this is happening and it will continue to happen.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

How are you measuring "relatively common" for cops being shot to death in the US? They average 64 per year whilst they have killed over 500 people this year already.

The video the woman filmed from inside her car is completely the wrong way round in the circumstances - she's calm, composed and articulate with her dying boyfriend beside her, while the cop who is supposed to be the one in control, is a screaming mess.

I've just listened to an interview with a guy who provided police training for American cops and he said the focus of the training was more on the accuracy of their markmanship rather than the psychological aspect and training them on when and where they should use it.

That country is fucked.

The police have a stereotype in their heads of what young black men are, and they use this as a reason to murder them over and over and over again.

The video that the woman took of her boyfriend encapsulated it perfectly. Just imagine being so scared of the police that you still call them sir after they've murdered your parter. It's incomprehensible.

The police have a stereotype in their heads of what young black men are, and they use this as a reason to murder them over and over and over again.

The video that the woman took of her boyfriend encapsulated it perfectly. Just imagine being so scared of the police that you still call them sir after they've murdered your parter. It's incomprehensible.

She's not scared. She's co-operative, responsive and rational. It's a remarkable piece of self-composure. That cop cannot argue, as the other one may, that the victim was uncooperative. What you are seeing is a woman who knows she is in control of the situation.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

She's not scared. She's co-operative, responsive and rational. It's a remarkable piece of self-composure. That cop cannot argue, as the other one may, that the victim was uncooperative. What you are seeing is a woman who knows she is in control of the situation.

I'd suggest there are very few black people in the States aren't afraid when they interact with the police. I know that my cousins there are always incredibly polite and respectful to the police, even when the officer is being totally unreasonable, because they worry that any wrong move could lead to an insane overreaction.

Police in the US appear to be a shower of small-penised, racist, trigger-happy rednecks. When you factor all that in, it's not really a surprise that they are killing so many black people.

Until gun laws are drastically changed, nothing will improve. If the citizens aren't all carrying weapons, then the police will rarely need weapons to deal with incidents. Take away the guns and people tend not to die.

Unfortunately, the second amendment means that the rednecks will always have access to their guns, until a democratic government finally has the balls to stand up to the NRA and ban guns. It seems that the NRA are paying too many people for that to ever happen though. C*nts.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

How are you measuring "relatively common" for cops being shot to death in the US? They average 64 per year whilst they have killed over 500 people this year already.

The video the woman filmed from inside her car is completely the wrong way round in the circumstances - she's calm, composed and articulate with her dying boyfriend beside her, while the cop who is supposed to be the one in control, is a screaming mess.

I've just listened to an interview with a guy who provided police training for American cops and he said the focus of the training was more on the accuracy of their markmanship rather than the psychological aspect and training them on when and where they should use it.

That country is fucked.

2 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

I see that in 2015 nearly half of the killings by the Police in America of people who are non white.

I've no idea what this is meant to say.

Oh, hey, uh, there was another one of these this morning. Where a guy gets pulled over, tells the officer he has a gun on him which he's licenced to do, the officer asks to see the licence, the guy goes to show him the licence, he gets shot. Wife and child in the car with him: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/06/police-officer-involved-shooting-in-falcon-heights/

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Oh, hey, uh, there was another one of these this morning. Where a guy gets pulled over, tells the officer he has a gun on him which he's licenced to do, the officer asks to see the licence, the guy goes to show him the licence, he gets shot. Wife and child in the car with him: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/06/police-officer-involved-shooting-in-falcon-heights/

The c*nt that shot him should be given a life sentence. If that isn't entrapment and murder, i don't know what is.

26 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've no idea what this is meant to say.

Well, I don't know what percentage of white compared to non white there is in America but I would think about 80% of people are white.

So this figure shows a disposanal number of non whites are killed as opposed to white people.

Ad in if you are non white you are more likely to be killed by a Police Officer.

Well, I don't know what percentage of white compared to non white there is in America but I would think about 80% of people are white.

So this figure shows a disposanal number of non whites are killed as opposed to white people.

Ad in if you are non white you are more likely to be killed by a Police Officer.

All of this is incorrect, AFAIR.

Whoever you are, you're more likely to be killed by another citizen or yourself than you are a cop.

Whites are mostly killed by other whites, black by other blacks.

By crime rates, cops are more likely to shoot whites then blacks.