Gartcairn Juniors FC 2015/2016

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was the game?

I thought it was pretty competitive stuff for a friendly, and in my, ahem, unbiased opinion a draw would have been a fairer result.

Tam McManus scored the only goal about 20 seconds into the match!

A good game today, a game we dominated at times and deserved to get something. Very impressed with the Gartcairn keeper some cracking saves, the centre midfielder and obv Tam scored a good goal!. Good bunch of guys at Gartcairn, came Over and spoke to all the boys and had a laugh. Good to see, Good team who will certainly be challenging. Best of luck for the season

Gartcairn were understandably keen to win their first game and did so,Ardeer brought on about 7 subs,Gartcairn not nearly as many.That made it hard to gauge how good either team was.Except for their keeper no player really stood out.All the best to them in their first season.

I don't understand how on Facebook McManus' goal is referred to as "the fastest junior goal" when it wasn't a competitive match.

Surely records only count in competitive matches.

It's classed as a junior friendly.....team sheets go into hampden.....so if like is quoted and mcmanus scored in 10 seconds then is it the fastest goal in junior football?

It's classed as a junior friendly.....team sheets go into hampden.....so if like is quoted and mcmanus scored in 10 seconds then is it the fastest goal in junior football?

I can't find the match report, but I think Glencairn played a friendly in recent years v Renfrew in which Renfrew scored after 8 seconds.

Ian watt scored for Carluke last season in a league match against lesmahagow after 7 seconds .

Perhaps Gartcairn mean that it's the quickest time it has taken a team to score in junior football (less than a minute into their first match).

Not particularly caring if it's a competitive game or not, I'd be claiming something similar if the roles were reversed.

Ian watt scored for Carluke last season in a league match against lesmahagow after 7 seconds .

Fastest junior goal I've heard of was Alan McCrae for Ek Thistle after 5 seconds, about ten years ago, think it was at Kilbirnie.

Straight from centre, ball was touched to McCrae who hit it first time from the centre spot over the keeper.

Thistle have a framed copy of the back page of the Ek News about it in their snack bar/portacabin.

i was never talking about junior fastest goal ever! quite simply EVERYTHING that happens in gartcairn juniors is HISTORY!

Didnt think it would be that hard for people to understand but hey ho!

Were waiting on 1st yellow card, 1st red card, 1st hat trick ... and the list goes on!

The joys of having a blank canvas.

i was never talking about junior fastest goal ever! quite simply EVERYTHING that happens in gartcairn juniors is HISTORY!

Didnt think it would be that hard for people to understand but hey ho!...

I don't see you commenting above on the timing of the goal at all. Perhaps it was your other login name ? (Oops, lol.)

I don't see you commenting above on the timing of the goal at all. Perhaps it was your other login name ? (Oops, lol.)

nah your right mate it comes from our facebook page and a certain kerry davidson on here trying to shit stir!

Ardeer Thistle 0 v 1 Gartcairn Juniors

Gartcairn travelled to Ardeer yesterday in what was always going to be a tough test and a steep learning curve and it could not have started any better. After a very warm welcome and meeting the Ardeer Ultras of which I am now a fan, Gartcairn went ahead when a Mcfarlane through ball allowed Tam McManus to muscle his way past the defender and lob the ball over the keeper giving him no chance 0 v 1. The home side took control of the game and had 2 or 3 decent efforts at goal as Gartcairn struggled to keep hold of the ball. Gartcairn number 9 Connor shields was causing the home defence some problems with his electric pace but both teams struggled to create any real clear chances.

Second half was similar to the first although Ardeer did create 2 excellent chances when a shot from the edge of the box was superbly turned round the post and the away keeper stopped a 1 on 1 with 13 minutes to play. cairns best effort in the second half was a Cameron volley from 20 yards just cleared the bar. FT 0 v 1

Can't thank the guys at Ardeer enough for yesterday for their hospitality and very warm welcome and all at Gartcairn wish them all the best for the season. I must mention the programme was superb and very detailed also and we appreciate the time and effort that must have went into that,

Mon the Ultras,,,

Archived