Gartcairn Juniors FC 2015/2016

Gartcairn Army

Good post in a earlier post you or army mentioned a pathway to senior football, do you mean progressing in junior football and producing guys who will do well at junior football and get picked up by senior teams or was something else meant ? Just being my usual nosey self sorry.

totally mate thats exactly our viewpoint. Some people may say we are actually trying to recreate what we all had before pro youth ;)

p.s. i aint getting in to any debate regarding pro youth as we would be here until eternity but simply for me - WRONG!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our problem last year was not winning enough matches.

Our problem last year was not winning enough matches.

. Never!! Seriously though mate,I saw yous at beginning of season and you looked more than capable, I know the 2 lads that were in charge at the time and both stated there was too much interference from those above

Welcome gartcairn do you have facilities for refreshments of the alcoholic kind or are there any pubs nearby?

pub 3 minutes walk away from the park matey - west end bar coatbridge OR if the game is at airdrie stadium then pub 1 minute walk down the stairs ;)

. Never!! Seriously though mate,I saw yous at beginning of season and you looked more than capable, I know the 2 lads that were in charge at the time and both stated there was too much interference from those above

never heard so much rubbish to be honest. Our collapse after Xmas was nowt to do with the committee.

pub 3 minutes walk away from the park matey - west end bar coatbridge OR if the game is at airdrie stadium then pub 1 minute walk down the sta

You have a pm sir!

What does it matter? Why are people so concerned about what clubs spend? Every year on this it's the same! Leave clubs to be ran by there committee and management then if it fails there responsible then to that clubs fans! Last year at the lang the budget wasn't to shabby no promotion now new management a year later to try again it's football! That's what happens! Should be welcoming a team like gartcairn like I am! I look forward to them visiting and vice versa! There budget means nothing to me! Only the team I follow is who is my concern! Ppl on here should be the same!

Look forward to welcoming what should be a strong gartcairn side to Somervell!

All the best for the season ahead

Well said.

never heard so much rubbish to be honest. Our collapse after Xmas was nowt to do with the committee.

Correct

to yourself and lang, only repeating what came from the horses mouth lads, wether or not I agree with them, I will keep to myself, as that debate rambled on long enough, onwards and upwards. Hope you do well next year as you are a club with massive potential.

to yourself and lang, only repeating what came from the horses mouth lads, wether or not I agree with them, I will keep to myself, as that debate rambled on long enough, onwards and upwards. Hope you do well next year as you are a club with massive potential.

u need a new horse

I've made it clear I wish gartcairn all the very best. Just looking at the signings and knowing the boys my question is how do you keep all these boys happy in the second division as most will expect to play every week. Going to be a lot of knocks at the door of the gaffer early doors by the looks of it. IMO yes its good to have a big squad but more importantly a happy squad. If I was gaffer I would have went with a strong spine of experience and built round about that. Just my opinion its maybe too much too soon. As I have said I wish them every success

Guest svejk

Gartcairn are delighted to announce the signing of Barry Cannon.

It's Barry Canning ;)

Saw him last year with Forth he was impressive. How will he be slotting in next to Pirlo at centre mid? Was he not Forths poy?

Obviously disappointed that Basher is leaving but he gave us, IIRC, 7 good seasons. Consistently good performer who just needs to add goals to his game. He won POTY and Players POTY last season.

I've made it clear I wish gartcairn all the very best. Just looking at the signings and knowing the boys my question is how do you keep all these boys happy in the second division as most will expect to play every week. Going to be a lot of knocks at the door of the gaffer early doors by the looks of it. IMO yes its good to have a big squad but more importantly a happy squad. If I was gaffer I would have went with a strong spine of experience and built round about that. Just my opinion its maybe too much too soon. As I have said I wish them every success

Totally agree with you on this post Connolly....just to many big signings to keep everyone happy.

The management will be under some pressure from this perspective when players start wanting to know why they're not getting played

The money the players are (allegedly) on will go a bit of a way to keep everyone happen even when not getting played every game, but the guys who are there, not just for the money, but are hungry to play football every week wont be if you they;re left out..

Also brings the pressure of the expectation of winning every game and running away with the league with such a high profile squad in the second division

Archived