Premier League 2015-16

Palace were level with Spurs at Christmas.

So? The Premier League is over 38 games. Palace will finish well above Newcastle and may win the cup. Newcastle would almost certainly be nowhere near a relegation battle if Pardew was still in charge. This desperate attempt by Newcastle fans to pretend they're better off without him is laughable.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So? The Premier League is over 38 games. Palace will finish well above Newcastle and may win the cup. Newcastle would almost certainly be nowhere near a relegation battle if Pardew was still in charge. This desperate attempt by Newcastle fans to pretend they're better off without him is laughable.

:huh:

I distinctly remember us being in a relegation battle under Pardew 3 years ago, with a better team than we have now.

The thing is they've been safe for so long that they have been able to focus on the cup. Yes they're on a bad run but there's no way any Newcastle fan wouldn't bite your hand off for the season they've had

What sort of idiot decides to take off a defensive midfielder and bring Scott Sinclair on, when a goal up, down to ten men and with a minute left?

A Villa sort of idiot, obviously.

Newcastle are going to have some fun next week. That'll be one game I don't mind the stewards confiscating banners!

What's happening? They waving bedsheets with 'Wenger must go!' again?

About 200 fans held up wee pamphlets for barely a minute, then an opposing section started singing a verse of "only one Arsene Wenger". And thats it.

The best mass protest is simply just not to turn up. It's the most visual and the one most likely to hurt the club financially. British fans (with the notable exception of Coventry) don't seem to understand this though.

I get the idea but it wouldn't hurt Arsenal financially as they've already paid for their tickets.

I get the idea but it wouldn't hurt Arsenal financially as they've already paid for their tickets.

Fair point. I do find it incredible that so many people are willing to (and can afford) to buy Arsenal season tickets anyway. If I paid that much to watch football I think I'd demand success to be honest. The cheapest season ticket at the Emirates is over a grand.

Archived